• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best of the oilless cheapy compressors?

Ok so after lots of reading people seem to say the YH with water is the way to go for longevity. I am starting an air gun store next month and don't want to comw out of the gate with new customers having to have buckets of icy water just to make air. I also don't want them to feel like thw price is insane either. Those are things they can build up to as their love for the hobby increases. So that leaves me wanting to buy and stock some small compressors in the $500 or less range that would likely hold up for awhile? Is that even a logical expectation? I would plan on having enough that is one came back for warranty I would just switch them out another as I don't want my customers waiting weeks or months.

Check Walmart the vevors are not bad priced and they do show a young hang shoebox . Only thing id concider is buy the ones sold by Walmart not 3ed party ones .

Lol.. robot or human, really? Click that and it to the Walmart product page on the compressor

Honestly i think you buy the common branded one and it works and lasts to your satisfaction or it dont..

Like this yongheng ive only see pop up a few weeks ago maybe a month ?

Being that name brand maybe gives some confidant satisfaction?

Amazon link

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody01
Well have you looked at any made in china sites at manufacturer oem bulk deals?

Like i guess with these folks you could make a order of 50 units and i imagine turn a nice markup .

https://www.topapcppump.com/products/air-gun-compressor/

Plenty to choose from

Check Walmart the vevors are not bad priced and they do show a young hang shoebox . Only thing id concider is buy the ones sold by Walmart not 3ed party ones .

Lol.. robot or human, really? Click that and it to the Walmart product page on the compressor

Honestly i think you buy the common branded one and it works and lasts to your satisfaction or it dont..

Like this yongheng ive only see pop up a few weeks ago maybe a month ?

Being that name brand maybe gives some confidant satisfaction?

Amazon link

bloxorz

Thanks for your answer

Cody,
Heat is an enemy to the HPA compressor, the Yong Heng's longevity derives from cooling provided by water, crankcase oil and a fan. Many owners enhance this with ice, additional fans and careful usage. The waterless/oil-less compressors cool only with high-speed fans and have a limited lifespan, 20 hours, or so, a year to year and a half, with rare rebuilding success. You'll have to determine which program you feel is best to offer your customers. Your search for a waterless/oil-less compressor, with the longevity of a Yong Heng, might be unrealistic. WM

I've had good luck with the GX compressor. I don't use it to spec. I tend to run it on short 1min+20s cycles, with 5 minute breaks inbetween the on cycles. This gives the compressor plenty of time to cool down between cycles.

These compressors (they say) are not designed for this, i.e. they're not designed to start under full load. But I've been doing this to fill big SCBA tanks, for the past year and a half, with no problem.

Cody1 if you sell it, your customers will likely expect you to service it. You may want to just offer air fills like a paintball store and sell tanks. Also you can buy Tuxing compressors in bulk on Alibaba or direct off their site. The texdt031 texdt032 texedt033 are similar to Yong Heng. They have self contained water cooling. The 2 cylinders are just a separation of the 2 stages that are in one cylinder on Yong Heng.

Currently the paintball Brick and Mortar stores are surviving on Air fills and gun service, because its hard to compete with online Giant retailers.

Ease of rebuild and service are also important.

Maybe buy a Bauer for the shop and sell tanks with free fills?
Less disappointment and heartaches for your customers.
Look at made in china or alibaba and you will see them bauers and all. Gas or electric powered.

Or here

Last edited:
If there parts around that would be a great option for the money. This is reslly a challenge trying to find decent air for these guns and I am sure contributes to people giving up on the hobby.

If there parts around that would be a great option for the money. This is reslly a challenge trying to find decent air for these guns and I am sure contributes to people giving up on the hobby.
Yup, that the big kill joy doing pcp the overhead cost and hassle just to shoot it ( even once). Its the one thing that keeps me away from them unless budget and or super cheap hand pump friendly..🤤

Seems there is a Yong Heng portable out now. I would stick with the name brand, just for parts availability. Hatsan, Air Venturi, DonnyFL and a few airgun brands buy the name brand Chinese compressors and put their own label on it (mostly Yong Heng and Tuxing). The market is so crowded and Chinese companies will sell direct at a few points over your cost. The Vevor and Topa are probably rebranded but what? I bought 3 of the square black box compressors that were Tuxing "knockoffs ?" with various degrees of compatibility with the Tuxing. None of them had the 2nd stage bleed like TXET061, TXET062, TXET063. If you go direct to the manufacturer you at least get what you paid for and have a shot at spare parts. I've been watching the compressor market for the last 5 years and I won't sell any of them to my customers. Just used for testing and selling the experiments to mechanically inclined friends.

Best of luck with your business. The more stores the better.

Cody,
Started PCP journey hand pumping, thrill didn't last long, followed Biohazardman's advice to go Yong Heng. Set up in my garage on a Rubbermaid shelf with four in-line filters leading to an upper shelf fill station. Can easily fill my collection of PCPs with dry, clean air, all for less than a total investment of $500. Sure, set-up and break-down of the water bucket, pump and ice bottles is a chore but not the burden some make it out to be. Closing in on two years, twenty hours run time, smoother and quieter than ever, no problems. The Yong Heng choice is a clear "no-brainer" for me. WM

If I were to open an airgun shop and wanted to sell a compressor that would be fairly budget friendly, I think I would become a Yong Heng dealer. I just wonder if you would have the buying power so that your sell price could compete with Walmart and others. I would be a stocking dealer for parts and be an absolute expert on repairing the model you sell. You might even be able to teach classes for a price so customers can do some of their own service.
I’m not so sure on the loaner one though (think rental car customers).
Not a bad idea to have a shop Bauer, Mako or Alkin but should also have 3 or 4 330cf “T” bottles for banking. I used to work in a dive shop part time. Be assured, NO BODY makes money selling HPA. The maintenance on HPA equipment is expensive. I’d also sell Grade E air so divers could utilize your store too.
Good luck to you.

If I were to open an airgun shop and wanted to sell a compressor that would be fairly budget friendly, I think I would become a Yong Heng dealer. I just wonder if you would have the buying power so that your sell price could compete with Walmart and others. I would be a stocking dealer for parts and be an absolute expert on repairing the model you sell. You might even be able to teach classes for a price so customers can do some of their own service.
I’m not so sure on the loaner one though (think rental car customers).
Not a bad idea to have a shop Bauer, Mako or Alkin but should also have 3 or 4 330cf “T” bottles for banking. I used to work in a dive shop part time. Be assured, NO BODY makes money selling HPA. The maintenance on HPA equipment is expensive. I’d also sell Grade E air so divers could utilize your store too.
Good luck to you.
The compressors themselves I would probably make maybe 10% on at the most. With that said I see bigger change selling someone on a $1,500-2,000 rifle yet not have a way for them to charge the tank. The guns are where any decent profit would be made. I don't see making any real money on the compressors but they are essential for the guns is the thing.