• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best NSA slugs for a .22 cal standard lothar walther blank barrel

.217 might be too small. If you have to make a choice between a little too small and little too big, go big. Thousands of an inch also make a significant difference (ex: a slug .005 too smal " in both my .25 and .30 produce 10-15fps slower and terrible accuracy). 

Get a good set of calipers, and push some pellets through, measure the bite marks across and calculate the average. If you find .218 is too big and .217 is too small, you're probably going to need the barrel lapped or run the slugs through a sizer (my .218 NOE bushing makes the 23gr NSAs .2175).

Good luck

I have a MM LW non-hammer forged barrel in my .22 Synrod. I'm assuming it would be very similar to the blank you'll be getting.

I bought an NSA 0.217" sample pack of 19g, 21g, 23g & 27g slugs. With a heavy hammer spring and a bunch of hammer spring tension the 19g were averaging 840fps and shot JSB 18.1g at 920 with the same settings. If I recall correctly the 27g were in the low 700fps range. Accuracy of the 19g were about 1" @ 50 yards. Not great. The heavier ones were worse.

I have a jkhan noblesse.22 that has a choked Lothar Walther barrel from the factory. Polished barrel, it shoots the 24 and 27grain swagged very accurate. Shooting the 27 @940 and the 24@980. Still a ragged hole @50 yards. It’s going to depend on your particular barrel, but I’ve had a Lothar Walther in a modded Benjamin marauder and it shot 33 grain very accurate. Just my experience, the lw barrels have been accurate for me with a variety of bullets and pellets