• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Best newbie air rifle? bullshark .22 or avenger .22 ??? and why?

hey ray thanks alot for info. great response and very helpful. glad to hear that theres no difference in accuracy wood vs synthetic. from my studies thats what i'd gathered. and yes hugget looks sweet....but very expensive. man you got a pretty harrem to play with. and not a bad range! congrads.... do you have any idea the amount of decibel decrease with the buck rail. gotta stick in my budget....thanks one and all for the great advice and reccomendations..j
I usually evaluate the efficiency of my moderators using the human ear, I didn't get so carried away by the decibels of noise that each of them can generate. Those who help me evaluate which of these aforementioned moderators are the most efficient in suppressing the noise generated by my airguns are my two housekeepers, even though their main task is to keep my house clean and organized. This task is too demanding for me as I currently live alone and live in a big house.

Listen, I have no plans to offer use to any of my two 3D printed moderators again. When you can, please send me your mailing address by private message to send them your way for free, so you can have them available in advance when you buy the rifle you have in mind. The only detail is that if you plan to buy the first gen Avenger you will need the DonnyFL adapter to be able to use the Buck-Rail, however not so with the Cameron because its design incorporates the thread that is used to be attached to the oem shroud .

IMG_9028.jpeg

IMG_9029.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice house!
But those weeds in the driveway need to go!
Thanks. Those weeds you refer to that are in the middle of the driveway are called Maltese cross. They usually produce beautiful red flowers, what happens is that at the time that pic was taken they had very few since they were sick from having acquired a plague.

IMG_6686.jpeg

Reactions: Airgun Al
I usually evaluate the efficiency of my moderators using the human ear, I didn't get so carried away by the decibels of noise that each of them can generate. Those who help me evaluate which of these aforementioned moderators are the most efficient in suppressing the noise generated by my airguns are my two housekeepers, even though their main task is to keep my house clean and organized. This task is too demanding for me as I currently live alone because I am divorced. It’s not easy to be able to keep a house the size of mine that has 4000 square feets of construction that has 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms in optimal conditions.

Listen, I have no plans to offer use to any of my two 3D printed moderators again. When you can, please send me your mailing address by private message to send them your way for free, so you can have them available in advance when you buy the rifle you have in mind. The only detail is that if you plan to buy the first gen Avenger you will need the DonnyFL adapter to be able to use the Buck-Rail, however not so with the Cameron because its design incorporates the thread that is used to be attached to the oem shroud .

View attachment 435035

View attachment 435036
Phallic measure much ???

What’s your house have to do with anything said here ?

I’d like to see a 4000 $ air rifle
Not your house …

Here let me show you. …

BullShark just arrived … this is a great gun !!
BDD4CEB8-EE0C-4181-A50B-31D5A72DB8D0.jpeg

Last edited:
considering both ,and after research notice bullshark has a large following. trying to learn and figure out. thx.
Get a Gun from Airgun Revisions- he carries the Benjamin line of air rifles - Rich can set up and tune a gun to what you want, without breaking the bank. Plus gives you 5 year warranty on guns. I have 2 rifles from him, latest is a Benjamin Marauder-LW barrel in .20cal
IMG_1264.jpeg
IMG_1259.jpeg
- its is laser accurate- stacks em hole on hole.
IMG_1263.jpeg

5 shots at twenty yards I shot during sight in - only tried 2 types of pellets- H&N FTS and H&N Barracudas - both shot this well. Don’t need test anymore ammo, lol.

Hope you make decision and get shooting soon.

This thread kind of got a little off track. Here's my two cents to the question in the header.

The bullshark is the P35 in new pants. The P35 is basically the evolution of the P15. Now, what I don't know is if the P35 air cylinder is titanium. The P15's is claimed to be titanium and that's why it is so light. Titanium air cylinder aside, they are well designed guns. The barrel on the .25 is a little thin and you have to be careful with the pressure you put on the set screws, but they are awesome little light guns. In my opinion, having used both the original Avenger and the P15, I think that the Avenger is certainly more versatile, but not built as well, as the P15. So it comes down to what you want, versatility or compactness.

You didn't ask about the Avenge X, but a lot of people have thrown it in this conversation, and it really shouldn't be. It, is the evolution of the Avenger, and is just plain better, and even more versatile than the original, and it's cost reflects that. I think for a beginner that wants to learn about all levels of tuning, and future versatility, the Avenge X would be the one to get though. At this point, with the X being available, I wouldn't have the original. However, if you don't want to do anything but go out and shoot, have fun for the least dollars spent, the Bullshark. The bullpup design and compactness makes it so much easier to bring places and use. And even with that, you could get an Avenge X bullpup too, if you wanted to spend the extra money.

If you really like airgunning, with whatever you choose, you will be buying more.

After shooting my new to me BullShark and I have to say it’s an ultra comfortable shooter. Compact and light enough. Very accurate .. smooth side lever. It’s a “wow I never knew gun”.
To be fair the barrel and trigger were worked by previous owner.
Also it’s a bit unique in appearance and I find it pleasing to the eye.
image.jpg

Last edited: