• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

N/A Best Multipump Pneumatic

My Streak didn't drive me to PCP's and more power, it drove me to want more .20 caliber rifles.....lol.
Mine wouldn't have except the seals started getting old and it had much less power than it did when new. I didn't know the first thing about rebuild kits, etc at the time and I don't remember exactly how, but the Benjamin Discovery had come to my attention...

I liked .20 cal a lot more when I could buy Benji pellets nearby. Now it's Amazon.

GsT

Mine wouldn't have except the seals started getting old and it had much less power than it did when new. I didn't know the first thing about rebuild kits, etc at the time and I don't remember exactly how, but the Benjamin Discovery had come to my attention...

I liked .20 cal a lot more when I could buy Benji pellets nearby. Now it's Amazon.

GsT
Benji domes, although I have some in the .20 cal pellet stash, are the one pellet none of my 10 shoot well, even my Streak. H&N and JSB will out shoot them every time. Keep telling myself I need to get a '73 Blue to keep the Silver company, then another Beeman gets in the way...lol.

I thought that this is a good place to mention that I did buy two PCP airguns and neither of them could out shoot my Sheridan. The first of my PCP’s was a gun that I actually named, (The Gun I want to Like) A Beeman Cheif2. Now it’s simply The gun I always wanted to like. The second gun was a repeat of the first. A Gauntlet2.
20230604_201542.jpg

The reason I shot this photo was to put with my comment at the time, It took me an FX Crowm, to surpass the performance of my Sheridan Bluestreak!
20230518_180405.jpg

Here’s more;
Since I took that photo I have bought a 72 Silverstreak, a 1955 Bluestreak, a 1965 Bluestreak, I also went for some springers.
An HW30s Deluxe in .20 cal, and I have an HW97K blue laminate on order, in .20 cal.
My old .20 cal springer from the old Robert Beeman days was lost in a house burglary in 95. So the 97K will replace that guy.
20230714_191452.jpg

What a fire that old Bluestreak 🔥 lit.
It has been at nearly every family and social function, camping, fishing, hunting, BBQ’s, church, many memories, of all the different people who’ve shot it with me, new and old.
20230811_094002.jpg

I think Benjamin should be reading this and 💡going off saying “we should bring back the Blue Streak” as it was made originally
Long shot but go all out and bring back the Supergrade A and B too. Build very well made ones out of quality materials and no corner cutting and I'd likely shell out the money for one.

Long shot but go all out and bring back the Supergrade A and B too. Build very well made ones out of quality materials and no corner cutting and I'd likely shell out the money for one.
I doubt they’ll do any of it. They made a wood 362 instead of a 392 or 397 for the 100th anniversary which didn’t make sense

Reactions: Bandito
It seems to me that multipump pneumatics are by far the most neglected airgun design. There are the classic models like the early Crosmans, Benjamins and Sheridans, then there were a few low production models like the Daystate, FX and the Titan, but that's been about it in terms of nice rifles that were intended to be the equivalent of springers and PCP's. The modern multipumps have almost exclusively been budget models with very little new technical innovation.

What I'd like to see is a relatively compact rifle, under 40" with a shroud or moderator and under 7.5 pounds. Due to the nature of operating the handpump, I don't feel that MPP's lend themselves to big optics or large size in general. Big pumpers have been made in the past. but no one seems to really like them. IMO, pumpers should be light and handy. It's just much nicer to work the pump on a 30", 5 lb rifle than on a 48" 11 pounder.

An ACP design would make it much more efficient and powerful and would allow for a follow up shot or two. The Seneca Aspen can develop over 35 fpe on 5-6 relatively easy pumps.

A full length dovetail or rail for optics mounting so that a scope can be placed near or far.

A solid feeling stock, preferably made of wood. No floppy forearms or weak flexible stocks like on the Aspen. It should be designed around the pump and make the pumping action seem natural while not interfering with the optics.

Traditional styling. Unless it's significantly better in terms of functionality I don't want my MPP looking like an AR.

Benji domes, although I have some in the .20 cal pellet stash, are the one pellet none of my 10 shoot well, even my Streak. H&N and JSB will out shoot them every time. Keep telling myself I need to get a '73 Blue to keep the Silver company, then another Beeman gets in the way...lol.
Mine has had an exclusive diet of Benji pellets, and shoots as well as anything I've ever shot. I've never tried the other pellets (in .20 - I have certainly been through the gauntlet in .22 and .25) because they have just never left me wanting. Every gun is different, but my Sheridan shoots "holes in holes" with Benji round tips out to any practical range.

They're (the rifles) damn good shooters, rivaling anything made in terms of accuracy, and, as I eluded to previously, unmatched in trigger quality.

GsT

I have to agree with all the Sheridan Blue Streak owners. I have had mine for 50 years and never had to rebuild it and it still will shoot through a 1/2 inch pine board. It is the 5mm ( .20 cal ) model. I don’t think it was offered in .22 back then but I could be wrong. Carried it with me hundreds of hours in the woods when I was a kid checking my trap line and squirrel hunting.

Oh, and with the right diameter aluminum finishing nail it was great for frog gigging. 👍

Steve,

What a gorgeous Titan. Bowkett was so far ahead of his time. I had one that had a exceptional stock match trigger and select barrel. You have a beautiful example

Hi, the photo of the Daystate Sportsman MK2 is a copy I got off the internet.

Though I've owned two before over the years, and honestly I can't remember if Gen 1 or 2. Actually I shot my very first FT match with my first one and knocked down most of the targets.
Back around 25 years ago the owner of AOA told me he'd give me $5 if I finished above 50% and I ended up around 85%, then about 3 months later I went back down to AOA and traded it on a Daystate Harrier PCP.

Another story is I was at a job site which was by itself on a large property doing some work and one of the other workers saw a bird. I had showed him the Sportsman earlier and he yelled from the roof saying I bet you can't hit that bird so I got the gun out and shot the bird clean through the eye. The crew was shocked at the precision capability as well as the craftsmanship of the gun being made of nice wood, brass, and highly blued steel!

I've had around 6-7 pumpers since I was a boy but nowadays I prefer pcps. I gave my last pumper to a friend a few months ago for Christmas, it was a Crosman 140.

My closest thing to a multi pumper currently is a FWB 601 which I shot yesterday.