Best Multi-pump

Now that sounds like a very good thing! In the meantime, there's something of an option now at the Crosman website that almost lets you create one now, and I think it's an extremely good deal. They have this 'build your own customized airgun' thing at their site going on now (crosman.com), and my wife just let me take advantage of the process to snag me a new '1377' that ended up resembling a highly modified .177 Drifter (I have two of the .22 Drifters -- one scoped and one just iron sights) more than anything else. I chose the 1377 rather than a 1322 as my starting point (I already have a P1322, the Drifters, a C362 & C2023, a Benjamin 397 & 392 and a .22 Seneca D-fly mk2), to which I added the longer metal breech, an 18" barrel (a 14" Walther is offered), a better muzzle with the steel front sight post, a new trigger, a Williams notched sight (instead of a Williams peep (I have a little bit of trouble now with peepers and my nearly seventy year old eyes)), the ubiquitous black plastic Crosman shoulder stock... plus a few other things I'm sure I'm forgetting. To all that I added a LIFETIME guarantee for only $10 extra, applied a 10% discount I'd somehow earned for purchases on their site... and when all finally was said and done, my new customized carbine came in at a very respectable $198 and change. Yes! I'm not much for modding these days (arthritis and trigger finger in both hands makes fine work requiring any strength kinda rough), and heck, I'm not even sure I'd be able to get everything I selected online ordered, delivered, paid for and assembled for that low a price, so this was an AWESOME deal, at least in my book. I even had my wife's name inscribed on the barrel, which was free, so it will always remind me of our anniversary. :) Anyway, it's already here, but back in the eggshell foam padded delivery box and leaning up against the living room wall, since other than me makin' sure it was intact, what it was supposed to be and worked, we decided to keep it closed up in the box and out of my greedy little paws until our anniversary in December. Now THAT is gonna be rough! ;-) Anyway, you're probably already aware of the Crosman 'roll your own' deal, but just in case, I thought I'd give you a heads up about it (they also have the CO2 2400 and another pistol available for use as starting points for those not interested in variable pumpers). IMO, the price can't be beat, and it's something I've always wanted anyhow. Now... I wonder what kind of deal I could wrangle for a unique all wood stock? :) Hmm...
Yes sir I agree with you 100% (y) I ordered a 1300KT custom and for the price its an incredible value. If your into multi pumps its a no brainer🎯

I suggest the classics such as a Benjamin pumper from the '70s or earlier. I still own the Sheridan I bought with my paper route money back then, and consider it the finest American pumper ever made. With the worst selection in pellets of any common caliber now that Doc BB is no longer advocating it

Worst, not Worse. Damned auto complete,,
I'm still buying them and I have a stacked ammo selection for them.
👍

20230714_191447.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Holo07, Unfortunately, Unfortunately very rarely available to me. I just bought a Crossman 362 anniversary last week. Nice gun. Crow
I recently purchased two nice Sheridans by doing a google search for "Sheridan Bluestreak for sale?" I got two hits from pawn shops. I found a 1955 in Oklahoma City, and a 1965 in North Carolina. It's like gambling though you look at the pictures, hit the buy button, and hope for the best.
The pawn shops had no idea about the guns except they were old pump, Sheridan brand, pellet guns. Both were priced at $199. + $8 sh on one and $20 on the other.
20230714_191452.jpg

I just received 1300KT .177 custom and I'm impressed with it. I ran it over the crony at 5 pumps 511 FPS 4.87 FPE and at 10 pumps 656FPS 8.03 FPE.
Do you have any photos you wouldn't mind sharing? Seems like it ought'a be a great little target shooter, indoors or out, with enough oomph for short-range squirrel, bunny, bird and pest hunting as well. Enjoy!

I recently purchased two nice Sheridans by doing a google search for "Sheridan Bluestreak for sale?" I got two hits from pawn shops. I found a 1955 in Oklahoma City, and a 1965 in North Carolina. It's like gambling though you look at the pictures, hit the buy button, and hope for the best.
The pawn shops had no idea about the guns except they were old pump, Sheridan brand, pellet guns. Both were priced at $199. + $8 sh on one and $20 on the other.
View attachment 399340
Nice score. I love scouring through Pawn shops when travelling the US. They’re not the same here. Crow

Do you have any photos you wouldn't mind sharing? Seems like it ought'a be a great little target shooter, indoors or out, with enough oomph for short-range squirrel, bunny, bird and pest hunting as well. Enjoy!
Sorry I don't have any photos and I've never posted a photo so I'm not familiar on posting phots. I'll try to get more educated on that in the near future. Yes it is a great target shooter, you can go to the Crosman site and go to the custom shop and design your on airgun/carbine I highly recommend it 🎯

Sorry I don't have any photos and I've never posted a photo so I'm not familiar on posting phots. I'll try to get more educated on that in the near future. Yes it is a great target shooter, you can go to the Crosman site and go to the custom shop and design your on airgun/carbine I highly recommend it 🎯

No problem about the photos Simplemann. Actually, I have taken advantage of that feature on the Crosman site! My wife just let me design my own version of your build for our upcoming 38th wedding anniversary. I went with the long metal breech and Williams notched sight, rather than the peeper, since my eyes are starting to make aiming with a peep sight more difficult, especially in artificial and low light. To that I added the 18" Crosman barrel rather than the 14" LW version, hoping the few inches of extra length might give me slightly better fps and fpe numbers, and topped it off with the egg-shaped muzzle break with the single metal post sight. I stuck on the practically ubiquitous CAP shoulder stock and there are other differences of course, including my having her name added, so I'll be able to think about her and her very sweet gift every time I pick it up. When I was done selecting goodies, I did some additional research and checked off the ten-buck lifetime guarantee, added the ten percent off coupon I'd earned on the site at some point or other and ended up with a unique, nicely tricked out .177 Crosman pumper for just shy of two hundred dollars. I'm impressed. After giving the deal a little further cognitive cogitation, I strongly doubt I would be able to:

- Locate all the goodies I selected.
- Have everything I needed delivered safely to my home.
- Get all those pieces/parts assembled myself...

...and end up with a flawlessly working airgun with a final total cost of just under two Benjamin's. Wow! :)

Unfortunately, in my case there's a downside to this pleasant and otherwise painless process -- that being my already delivered, spankin' new, super awesome, custom built carbine named for my incomparable spousal unit... remaining safely ensconced In the eggshell foam inside the Crosman box in which it arrived, cruelly left leaning against the wall of our living room in plain sight of everybody until our anniversary rolls around in late December. Noooooo!!!! ;-)

Along a completely different line of thought: These days, I've come to overwhelmingly prefer .177 over larger calibers for my target shooting, and not just because the pellets are so much more affordable (although that doesn't hurt, especially when using lead free pellets). I like the smaller .177 holes and halos left on the two inch reactive targets I use (six targets across, eight rows down, giving me 48 targets per each 19 x 14 inch cardboard 'sheet' I make from the boxes in which all our online orders are delivered). It's not really an issue if I'm just shooting BE's, but it's quite different when I'm shooting 3 to 5-shot groups. When I'm in the groove, my .22 airgun pellets often complely eliminate the red of the bulls eyes with the first shot, which is my primary aiming point, so unless I shoot the entire group with hole in hole accuracy, for some weird reason, I seem to regularly end up getting much better groups with my .177 caliber air rifles and pellets than I get shooting in .22 caliber! Pointy .22 pellets worked marginally better than my usual pellet types (wadcutters & domes), but not enough to make a really noticeable difference. Besides, there ain't no lead free, pointy-headed pellets available anywhere in any caliber anyhow, so it's moot from the git-go. As for better groups in .177 than I get with .22's: who knows? ;-)

Okay... I can hardly wait for my upcoming wedding anniversary, so I can properly put my own new Crosman pumper through its paces! Such is life, I suppose. At least I can hope you're enjoying yours, Simplemann, so I hope you will. Do it for me. :)

Bubba

Reactions: Simplemann
No problem about the photos Simplemann. Actually, I have taken advantage of that feature on the Crosman site! My wife just let me design my own version of your build for our upcoming 38th wedding anniversary. I went with the long metal breech and Williams notched sight, rather than the peeper, since my eyes are starting to make aiming with a peep sight more difficult, especially in artificial and low light. To that I added the 18" Crosman barrel rather than the 14" LW version, hoping the few inches of extra length might give me slightly better fps and fpe numbers, and topped it off with the egg-shaped muzzle break with the single metal post sight. I stuck on the practically ubiquitous CAP shoulder stock and there are other differences of course, including my having her name added, so I'll be able to think about her and her very sweet gift every time I pick it up. When I was done selecting goodies, I did some additional research and checked off the ten-buck lifetime guarantee, added the ten percent off coupon I'd earned on the site at some point or other and ended up with a unique, nicely tricked out .177 Crosman pumper for just shy of two hundred dollars. I'm impressed. After giving the deal a little further cognitive cogitation, I strongly doubt I would be able to:

- Locate all the goodies I selected.
- Have everything I needed delivered safely to my home.
- Get all those pieces/parts assembled myself...

...and end up with a flawlessly working airgun with a final total cost of just under two Benjamin's. Wow! :)

Unfortunately, in my case there's a downside to this pleasant and otherwise painless process -- that being my already delivered, spankin' new, super awesome, custom built carbine named for my incomparable spousal unit... remaining safely ensconced In the eggshell foam inside the Crosman box in which it arrived, cruelly left leaning against the wall of our living room in plain sight of everybody until our anniversary rolls around in late December. Noooooo!!!! ;-)

Along a completely different line of thought: These days, I've come to overwhelmingly prefer .177 over larger calibers for my target shooting, and not just because the pellets are so much more affordable (although that doesn't hurt, especially when using lead free pellets). I like the smaller .177 holes and halos left on the two inch reactive targets I use (six targets across, eight rows down, giving me 48 targets per each 19 x 14 inch cardboard 'sheet' I make from the boxes in which all our online orders are delivered). It's not really an issue if I'm just shooting BE's, but it's quite different when I'm shooting 3 to 5-shot groups. When I'm in the groove, my .22 airgun pellets often complely eliminate the red of the bulls eyes with the first shot, which is my primary aiming point, so unless I shoot the entire group with hole in hole accuracy, for some weird reason, I seem to regularly end up getting much better groups with my .177 caliber air rifles and pellets than I get shooting in .22 caliber! Pointy .22 pellets worked marginally better than my usual pellet types (wadcutters & domes), but not enough to make a really noticeable difference. Besides, there ain't no lead free, pointy-headed pellets available anywhere in any caliber anyhow, so it's moot from the git-go. As for better groups in .177 than I get with .22's: who knows? ;-)

Okay... I can hardly wait for my upcoming wedding anniversary, so I can properly put my own new Crosman pumper through its paces! Such is life, I suppose. At least I can hope you're enjoying yours, Simplemann, so I hope you will. Do it for me. :)

Bubba
Your build is pretty similar to mine, .177 with 18" barrel, silver muzzle brake, long steel breech, peep sight, shoulder stock, and silver trigger shoe. Its a blast to shoot and will put the pellet where you aim it. I highly recommend you take it out of the box and put at least 200 pellets through it before December to make sure its functions properly 🎯 its best to find an issue early, don't ask why I suggest that :oops:

I love msp's. I've had from the 101 too the 362. From stock pumpers to .25acp builds. The brass builds are great and also do well with mods (all my 13xx have brass valves now). I agree about the old 140/1400 all metal and wood feel as I have several but not down with the triggers. Out of the box the dragonfly looks great and is on my list. 392 in stock form is fun and sturdy but I love modified builds (mine now shoots at 740fps). Nothing can stay stock with me as I always start to grunt for more power. In stock form I would vouch for my 392 in wood stock good power and accuracy and has the best of both worlds of longevity and eaz of maintenance. If I could only keep any one that I have it
1000001167.jpg
would be my 1322/66 hybrid shooting 15.89@ 580fps in 14 pumps with folding stock and now has a threaded muzzle break. Only plastic on it is the grips and forearm.

Reactions: Simplemann