RWS Best mounts for RWS to keep low and lefty stock

James -

I've had good luck with Hawke and Sportsmatch low 2 piece mounts. I've been able to pair Bushnell scopes with a 40mm objective with them with great success.

The Diana scope rail is just high enough to allow the clearance. The trick is to purchase two sets, and use the rings with the recoil pin on both ends of the scope rail.

0114240817.jpg

James -

I've had good luck with Hawke and Sportsmatch low 2 piece mounts. I've been able to pair Bushnell scopes with a 40mm objective with them with great success.

The Diana scope rail is just high enough to allow the clearance. The trick is to purchase two sets, and use the rings with the recoil pin on both ends of the scope rail.

View attachment 425126
Are you actually sticking the pin in the recessed hole or hanging it off the edge against the riser block both front and back thusly locking it?
The hole has never worked for me. Ends up shearing or bending seems.
This was before I knew what I was doing so. Yes I think BKL low will work.
Now to find a great SF FFP illuminated reticle scope I like & can afford for 2-3 of them lol.

Reactions: SteveV
Using the recoil pin holes that are provided, not hanging off the edge. Trust me, it has worked on the 34,48, and the 52 and Bushy scopes with 40 mm

objectives -

Of course BKL are nice too, but I don't know how "low" their low rings really are?

Maybe someone with a Diana w/BKL low rings will chime in with a pic like I provided?

Vines

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesD.
This is #21 wearing a BKL-260D7-MB
That’s an old Vortex Diamondback 4-12 x 40.
The actual OD of that objective is 55mm.

I sent my gun to John in PA as well. I believe a number of these guns had an issue with a really tight breech which would under size the pellets and caused major accuracy issues.

John reworked the breech and apparently didn’t like the choke either. He cut that off and rechoked the barrel. Gun is fantastic now. 660 fps w/25.4gr JSB’s. It shoots so well I sold my .22 56TH without thinking twice.

Reactions: Toxylon