Best (Most Accurate) Slug for FX M3 .22?

I have heavy liners except 22 cal 700m .waiting on utah. I ordered barrel housing too ill order 218 . Too.. plan on Changing my compact 22 to 700m. I'm having fun hunting small game. Hopefully jsb makes 30 cal knockouts .
20211024_082543.1637645615.jpg
20210912_075852.1637645616.jpg

I made a mistake and bought a bunch NSA .218 27.5 gr slugs for my Impact M3 .22.

The problem is, they are just not accurate in my gun.

I have both the 500mm and 700mm Superior STX liners, no slug or "heavy" liner.

What would be the best, most accurate slug for my setup?

I already spent 4 boxes trying to make them shoot right out my m3 700mm superior they’re not for this liner. The same liner was a laser with the 23gr nsa and decent with the 24.8. 

Being new to slugs in my FX Impact M-3 700 in 22 with a heavy liner & the other M-3 in 30 also a heavy liner , after $3000+ spent in mostly the wrong slugs, here is what I found. AVS 30 cal 3013 51G Dish was best & Griffin 50 G Dish a close second. In 22 cal I shot all the H&N slugs made,Knock-outs,Griffin, NSA, Javelin & AVS. Each listed I tried most all the weights & sizes. The AVS 218 34G Dish was the best. A close second was the AVS 217 32g Dish. Third was the Griffin 218 34G Dish. This was a tough race with many close groups. In the long run the one that shot the best in calm wind & blowing wind with the best group & the least flyers won. Some shot best with little wind & sucked when it was blowing. Others shot real good groups, like 20 shots at 75 yds in a 1/2 inch group & then you get a 1 1/2 + flyer. The one thing that stands out is only the Dish base shot good. 

Reactions: SubutayHan
Hello All-

I am ready to try slugs now, what are the most accurate slugs for .22 700mm Superior Heavy? Also what head size is prefer, I try looking at NSA but it seem most of .217 and up and not in stock for 24.8 and 27.5.

thanks,

they are all very accurate, .217 seems to be the size most liners shot well but after you got the heavy liners the rest of it is all in the tune. 

You have to pay attention to twist rate when selecting slugs. We now have a huge range of slug weights available to us and multiple barrel twist rate options. Either your desired slug weight will drive your barrel selection, or you barrel will drive your slug selection. FX guidelines on their site are a good starting point: https://www.fxairguns-usa.com/fx-superior-stx-liner-twist-rates/

They list the threshold between their 1:24 and 1:16 .22 liners at 23gr. This lines up with experience others have had on here. Now there may be some grey area in the middle, meaning you might find a 24-25gr that shoots well in the 1:24, but you are unlikely to find a 30gr or 35gr that shoots well in it.

I'm currently chasing the most accurate lightweight slug in a 600mm 1:24 Superior barrel. The .2165 was the best 17.5gr NSA, but about 1.2 MOA at best. I moved up to the 20.2gr, and both .217 and .218 in that weight shoot closer to 1 MOA more consistently, but I'm still trying to determine which one it shoots better (both sizes are really close), and if groups that open up more are due to me/wind or the slugs/gun.

WR Those quail look tasty. That compact would work great for squirrel hunt

JSB 24.5 gr KO with 0.216 diameter works great in my Impact and Crown. FX Hybrids work well too. Stay away from larger diameters.

JPS have you ever shot the JSB 24.5 and the JSB redesigned at the same target in the same conditions to determine the difference in the wind deflection FYI I shot the JSB redesigned's across my lab radar and determined the BC is .031

I'm shooting an MK2 with a 600mm superior std barrel purchased last year from Utah airguns. It is tuned to shoot NSA 23 gr .217's at 980 fps. At 30 yards it does 3 shot groups that are touching if I do my part. I had read that the std barrel liked the .2175 just a little better so I ordered a box to try, but have not opened the box yet to do a comparison between the two. I do lube my ammo with a film of WD-40 silicone spray, then a few drops of silicone treadmill oil in the container before tumbling to coat with the oil. I can post again when I've had a chance to shoot the .2175's. I should also add that my rifle has the Huma duel transfer port and probe.