• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Mid level .25 cal

Ok guys so I looking to buy my first pcp. Not new to guns by any means but haven’t owned much more than a Crossman pellet gun from walmart, so pcp guns are kinda foreign ground for me. But looking for something for target and some backyard pest control. Kinda settled on a .25 cal it’s fairly windy where I’m at and have a few groundhogs and mink that need to go. After watching some utube I came across Aea Varmint, seems to be what looking for. What other guns would be comparable or preferred to the Varmint, in a mid level price range.
@CJC11 If you haven’t made a decision yet, the following thread was started for people in your shoes. Take a look. I hope it helps some. There are links, prices, and AGN members posting their real experiences with various guns for budget minded hobbyists. Most guns mentioned are entry to mid-level PCPs.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I just got an AEA Varmint in .25, I also have the DAR lll in both .22 & .25 and just sold my AEA PRO in. 22.

The DAR is 90% the same as the Airacuda MAX, the trigger is easy to work on and get down to single digits.

The Varmint has a direct hammer disconnect and is very tough to smooth and reduce to a wall and sharp break.

The PRO is a great gun but 16 pounds makes it a bench gun, period!

I feel that these are all good picks but they are low cost options, a Dreamline Lite would be mid level and Daystate/Impact MKlll etc. would be high.

Anything under $375 I think is a budget gun.

My suggestion would be to get a DAR Gen lll in .25, It loves JSB King 25gr pellets and is a good gun to learn on. Give it a year and start saving pennies for an FX.

Reactions: Hoople