• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Best material for modifying the FX hollow moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best material for modifying the FX hollow moderator. <= TOPIC SENTENCE FOR THE THREAD​

But yeah one of us is confused, wouldn't be the first time if it is me.

My quote of your post talking about cost difference between aluminum machined and printed. I detailed a mod of mine for size and cost reference.
Just give the dimensions to one of the guys who print moderators and he can make you those baffles for about $5.00 each plus shipping.
Sheese $99 bucks? :unsure::rolleyes:
They are aluminum and anodized. But printing baffles is dirt cheap for just the cost of the filament used. I have a cone baffle design that each baffle screws together thats just over 2.0 OD and thats less than $1.00 per baffle to print for just the raw material. I dont know how much the electricity cost to print it but thats still pretty cheap even including the power.

Here is your response
They are aluminum and anodized. But printing baffles is dirt cheap for just the cost of the filament used. I have a cone baffle design that each baffle screws together thats just over 2.0 OD and thats less than $1.00 per baffle to print for just the raw material. I dont know how much the electricity cost to print it but thats still pretty cheap even including the power.
What are the internal dimensions of that moderator? I will design a baffle set for it which can be printed on an FDM printer and drop the design (stl files) here.

What mod are you talking about? Mine referenced in your quote?

You guys are killing me with this bs. I have been machining baffles for a very long time and printing. I have made that design of baffles a long time ago and thats nothing like the design I made that screws together. Are you going to tell donny fl or impulse air to stop making mods that screw together because they dont need to since they can be made with simple tubes and baffles that slide into said tube? No? Then quit telling me how I should be designing my mods. You are not showing me anything I didnt know or do years ago. I am talking about a mod that screws together forming the baffles and main body. THE BAFFLE AND BODY ARE ONE PIECE AND YOU SCREW THEM TOGETHER TO FORM WHAT EVER LENGTH MOD YOU WANT. Maybe thats clear enough
I understand what you're saying now but for cost and performance nothing beats an aluminum tube with printed baffes or even comes close. I even make larger ones for high powered airguns like this 250 fpe challenger. Cost me less than $20. It's just a larger version of the old fx can.
Donnyfl doesn't make anything even close to being as effective as these. The difference in sound is night and day.

Mikes Airgun - - Copy.jpg

FX made extensions in two lengths.
fx no sale -.jpg

FX Gauntlet 1 -.jpg

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying now but for cost and performance nothing beats an aluminum tube with printed baffes or even comes close. I even make larger ones for high powered airguns like this 250 fpe challenger. Cost me less than $20. It's just a larger version of the old fx can.

View attachment 448315
I have made aluminum tubed and aluminum baffles, aluminum tube and delrin baffles and aluminum tube and printed baffles. Simple washer type baffles, M baffles, varying degrees of cone baffles and true K baffles with the correct mouse holes. I am exploring using printed mods now that are of varying types same as my others. Thats what I do I explore different designs and put them to use and see how they perform and go back and change parameters and re test.

I am not sure what old spook got on about but my post where this all started was a simple comparison of cost between another post showing aluminum baffles that he said are expensive. I merely said I had recently designed a 2" OD mod that only cost $1.00 to print per baffle and the aluminum ones are aluminum and anodized so its gonna cost more. Thats it.

It sounds me like you need an apology. I am sorry. Apparently I got confused. Do you happen to know the dimensions of the moderator that the original poster was talking about?
No need to apologize but I accept and apologize in return if I sounded curt in my replies and apology to the OP if I caused distraction to the post. My factory FX mods measure 1.222 - 1.225. I dont know how consistent they are but my printed inserts fit every body I have tried them in with a snug fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.