• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best low budget PCP pistol?

I'm enjoying my Crosman 2300s and Webley Nemesis both of which are co2 pistols. I'm thinking about a low budget PCP pistol such as the $149.99 Beeman 2027 or the $179.99 Diana Bandit. I can't afford a compressor so I'd have to go with a hand pump, which one would you chose? It makes more since to me to get the Diana Bandit because I've got the Diana Chaser rifle kit on order with PA, actually it's been back ordered since March 16th.

If I did it again, I'd get a pp700. But I have two pp800s and they are awesome. Save for one thing, really. The grips.... wood grips is waaayyyyy too big. Composite is too dang slim. What gives. I cut my wood grip to fit very nicely. And have another wood grip as well to cut for the other gun, but havn't brought myself to do it again as of yet. 

.25 caliber big boy in black output 18fpe EXTRA on top of what it arrived shooting. After modifications. 30fpe.
1577147777_16061709575e015d8127eaa3.80578327_74477098_10157548392984034_1319409439320571904_n....jpg

Regulated .177 that has a 50 shot string @ 650fps 

PSX_20191210_160158.1622010764.jpg

The pp700w is the best low cost way to go. It's regulated and is very accurate. It's not a multishot and that's a good thing. At the price point you are looking at the simple design saves accuracy. Let me tell you I own one and after tuning it is very accurate. I shoot it every week and it's still on its first round of seals. If you want a multishot spend a bit more and get the Benjamin marauder pistol or p rod. My dad's is very accurate and I am surprised at how consistent it is for being unregulated. 

I have the 700, 750 and the Prod all in .22. Price, toss up of 700 or 750. Your choice, single shot or multi shot. Build quility, parts and mods, Prod all the way. Both the 750 and Prod can be pistol or carbine with removable stock. Target or paper punching I like the 750. Hunting, the Prod wins.

These are the guns I'm deciding between. How's the noise compare between the three?

I want something quiet for night ratting with close neighbors, so I will be adding a silencer to whatever I get. I know the Prod is quiet esp when you add a silencer, but I haven't heard how the 750 or 700 perform with a silencer.

Why do you prefer the Prod for hunting?

I have the 700, 750 and the Prod all in .22.

These are the guns I'm deciding between. How's the noise compare? I want something quiet for night ratting with close neighbors, so I will be adding a silencer to whatever I get. I know the Prod is quiet esp when you add a silencer, but I haven't heard how the 750 or 700 perform.

Why do you prefer the Prod for hunting?

If you are concerned about noise and you already said you are on a low budget (so a pricey suppressor/moderator is out) go with the Prod. I have no experience with any of the other suggestions in this thread, but I am fairly certain that the Prod, out of the box, will be quieter than anything else offered in this thread. If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me. (chuckle) Not to mention the 5 year warranty and years of third party custom parts available. I don't think you are going to find a backyard friendly *budget* pistol that is truly a pistol without spending a lot more money and buying a suppressor. JMHO

Good luck!

P.S.

With the price increase at Crosman, I am not sure that even a Prod is "budget friendly" anymore ($449)... (heavy sigh)

With the price increase at Crosman, I am not sure that even a Prod is "budget friendly" anymore ($449)… (heavy sigh)

Yeah the artemis guns are substantially cheaper, so if they are quiet that's probably the route I will go. I have a 3d printed suppressor already that I can throw on there. I'm just not sure if that's going to cut it, depends how loud they are to begin with.