• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Looking LDC for Daystate Airwolf MCT

I'm biased, but the Huggett is beautiful (its also absurdly expensive, but that did not stop me). Also, the vents close to the receiver at the start of the shroud are not cosmetic: air escapes from these as well as from the front of the LDC.

For the Air Wolf you can buy just the moderator, or the moderator plus vented shroud. The shroud has fluting which adds to the look, and combined with the LDC is a nicer package than just a 'can' stuck on the end; its absurdly quiet. Of note I have a Huggett LDC/shroud combo on my Regal, but on that rifle the shroud is not vented.

I have original air stream on my Wolf MCT. The folks at AoA advised that I shouldn't put the Hugget system on mine and that it could void the warranty (if I understood the sales person correctly). I had a huggett and shroud on my Wolverine, although there were no screens near the action. That system came standard on the Wolverine B Hi-Lite from AoA. I thought it was the best looking LDC/shroud system I've owned. 

Can I pu the Hugget/Shroud on the Air Wolf. Is it difficult to do?

"bowwild"I have original air stream on my Wolf MCT. The folks at AoA advised that I shouldn't put the Hugget system on mine and that it could void the warranty (if I understood the sales person correctly). I had a huggett and shroud on my Wolverine, although there were no screens near the action. That system came standard on the Wolverine B Hi-Lite from AoA. I thought it was the best looking LDC/shroud system I've owned. 

Can I put the Hugget/Shroud on the Air Wolf. Is it difficult to do?
This is crazy: what are AOA doing? They sold me an Air Wolf with Huggett and no mention of warranty issues. I find hard to believe this is true, and on what basis? 
As for fitting the Huggett LDC/shroud: AOA will not sell you one for DIY, but require that you send rifle in due to their concerns about law that requires moderators to be 'permanently' fixed to rifle. Its pretty stupid, because the shroud is held in place by 3 allen screws at 120° intervals (see picture I posted) and the LDC screws into the shroud. 

I also purchased the hugget with my air wolf. It makes the gun incredibly quiet. By the fact of the electronic firing and the moderator, the only sensation is that of the pellet smacking into it's target. It doesn't even sound like the gun is functioning at all. Don't get me wrong, the airstream does a great job, but the hugget does it better.

Guys,

There appears to be some confusion around the Huggett and rifle warranty. In the United States, there are only two options to buy a Huggett where the rifle's warranty isn't voided.

Option 1: Buy new Huggett and have the dealer install it on your rifle.
  • Customer purchases Huggett
  • Customer sends their rifle to dealer
  • Dealer installs Huggett
  • Dealer sends the rifle back to the customer with the Huggett installed
  • Warranty is not voided
Option 2: Buy a New Rifle and Huggett together
  • Customer purchases a new rifle along with a Huggett
  • Dealer installs Huggett on the new rifle
  • Dealer sends the new rifle to the customer with the Huggett installed
  • Warranty is not voided
All Huggett (and Daystate Air Stream) moderators are sold with the understanding the dealer will install the Huggett on the customer's rifle permanently affixed.

The exception being the Daystate models that already come with a Huggett/Air Stream equipped as standard:
  • Wolverine .303 Hi-Lite
  • Wolverine B Hi-Lite
  • Wolverine C
  • Artemis Limited Edition
  • Air Wolf Extreme
I hope this clears things up a bit.