• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best long range PELLET rifle .25

Does a Prophet count? Have one of those. Can do some hold over and hit a steel rat at 100yds pretty consitently. Only problem I had is it wouldn't cock after a bunch of shots and required and adjustment of the trigger tension screw. A bright person on here suggested I put some purplle loctite on that screw as it is tiny and tends to want to move on its own. So far that has been the fix.

Long range and pellets sound like contraditions.

This. If I was looking to really reach out and touch stuff a long way away, I'd focus on something with a large plenum, a good reservoir, a good trigger, and source a non-choked barrel for slugs. Long-range pellet-drift is legit. I shoot a fair bit of longer-range shots now on our property a couple hours west, and past 110 yards, pellets struggle with adiabatic winds coming out of the Appalachians. Hence purchasing some hybrids, some knockouts, and some NSAs to see if I can really stretch out the legs on my Leshiy. It's really too short and light a platform once you really start increasing power, hence recent purchases of an M25 and Career Ultra, both in 9mm. The M25 handles pellets well, but it shines with slugs.

Does a Prophet count? Have one of those. Can do some hold over and hit a steel rat at 100yds pretty consitently. Only problem I had is it wouldn't cock after a bunch of shots and required and adjustment of the trigger tension screw. A bright person on here suggested I put some purplle loctite on that screw as it is tiny and tends to want to move on its own. So far that has been the fix.

yes it counts. use the RTI. done

If you stick to around 875 fps as recommended for pellets you don't need more than about 60 fpe since the heavier 25 caliber are 34 grains. That is pretty high for a 25 but possible with many guns. It would be stretching my Avenger but it could get close. Right now it's shooting 25.4s at 930 but was not very accurate at 100 yards the one time I tried it. Not sure if it was a dirty barrel, velocity a bit high or me adjusting to a different range. It's current tune will only make about 800 on 34s but it can go up some.

With slugs you will get a lot less wind drift and a little less drop and you can push them faster. My P35 likes slugs but would need tuned up a lot if I wanted to shoot them long range. FX Impact is often recommended for this.

Thnaks to all. I do have a RAW 1000X Chassis. It's been returned as sometimes I can't even hit anywhere on a splatter burst target at 100yds. Their reputation and the stuff I have read lead me to the RAW. Well their customer service is probably second to none. But this rifle I had was even clipping pellets. Could see it leaving a gray mark on the inside end of the moderator. I can shoot better at 100 yds with my Daystate Pulsar.\ shooting JSB Hades.

I have chosen not to consider slugs. My opinion is if you want to throw something that heavy, except for the noise, you just as well get a powder burner. I'll stay with a PCP and pellets. Sounds like the Prophet is something I probably haven't given enough consideration. I was using it and liked what I was getting but wanted better so chose the RAW. So far it's not been better. Should get the RAW back in a week or two. Thanks again. Enjoyed the references to the videos and the general support of the folks on this forum.