• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Lite weight tripods for pcp

Well the ball head will give you lots more range of motion for shooting at up and down angles. The bowl that it comes with sits much lower than a ball head and is more stable. You can gain the up and down angles with the standard bowl by adjusting the tripod legs. It's just not nearly as fast as the ball head would be. If you go with the bowl head you will still need this plate to attach your rifle.

Kenny

Reactions: Centercut
I have been using a Fatboy and loving it. Very sturdy and lightweight .

20230129_103541.jpg

I use a "3-legged thing" tripod with an Oben head. It's my regular photography gear and I've had it for a decade before getting into PCP rifles.
My favorite trunk tripod with a RRS head! :) Being medium weight it's more towards a Gitzo Traveler for stability when used for shooting. Mine currently supports an ancient Competition Electronics chronograph when not on photo duty. If you are doing a lot of tripod shooting a heavy set of legs like Kenny uses would be a worthwhile investment.

I’ve had a Sirui T-005X for about six years and have no problems with it. I only use it for light camera/lenses. I mostly shoot film so I use it with SLRs and short primes, although I also use it with my m43 camera and longer zooms. I wouldn’t recommended it for a big DSLR with a big zoom, but for my use it’s perfect, it’s also very light but is not 6’ tall so might not be suitable for you. In terms of build quality, for the price, I would have no hesitation in recommending it.
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/reply?parent=66271198

My favorite trunk tripod with a RRS head! :) Being medium weight it's more towards a Gitzo Traveler for stability when used for shooting. Mine currently supports an ancient Competition Electronics chronograph when not on photo duty. If you are doing a lot of tripod shooting a heavy set of legs like Kenny uses would be a worthwhile investment.

I don't have much RRS gear as its usually staggeringly expensive. But when I was looking for an arca-rail swivel head only the RRS version seemed well thought-out. So I got that.

PXL_20230704_060759518.jpg