• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best Lite weight tripods for pcp

Here is a photo of my Crown on my larger tripod. The Crown has an arca rail on the Saber Tactical chassis.
Kenny

IMG_2794.jpg

If you have an Arca rail on the bottom of your rifle or can add one you should be good to go. I use a tripod on my Crowns and on my Impact with no trouble. I have found shooting off a tripod to be very stable; especially when you can sit and use the tripod at its lowest leg position.
Kenny
My night vision rig has a rail so that’s a plus. I was thinking about a saddle clamp but I’ll see what I can figure out about adding rails. Thank you for sharing your experience/advice

You can also purchase an Arca adapter to fit Picatinny rail if your rifle is so equipped. Something like this one —>. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BF154SDJ/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=AJQ2X8TOP1NMO&psc=1

Im using similar adapters on many of my rifles and they work great. Here is a shot of my first gen Uragan mounted to a Leofoto LS404C tripod using a MH-50S ball head for example.
View attachment 365619
Does it allow you to put bullets thru the same hole or is there movement

Reactions: Davlaf78
Does it allow you to put bullets thru the same hole or is there movement
It is extremely stable. The tripod and ball head are rated to support 55 lbs so it is a bit overkill really… I am 6’9” and I can comfortably use it while standing. It also works well from a seated position with the legs not fully extended, or from a prone position with the legs completely collapsed as well if so desired.

I see you used the "dish" instead of a ball head. Do you think that gives you better stability and control? Thanks.
Yes. It is a little more stable without the ball head. I have used it both ways when hunting and both work well. The ball head allows you a greater range of motion while the “dish” base allows the rifle to sit lower and is more stable. Either way, I like to sit with by backpack in my lap so I can lock my elbows into the pack and that method is almost as solid as a bench. Not quite as stable but really close.
Kenny

I don't want to discourage you but saying you may want to get a heaviest tripod possible...
I did some mods to my tripods (two actually) to open the legs tube internals and fill with #9 lead shots to make the tripod really heavy.
What that means you need to trust me and try it yourself. It is not a convenience to drag it with you in a backpack - but steady enough for shooting.

Reactions: Davlaf78