• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best light options for ladies?

Hey folks, I’ve been dabbling in the precharged pneumatic and springer world for awhile, and would like to get the wife and kids into it a bit more, but I’m running into the issue of airgun weight. I’m a big guy at 6’4” so to me the marauder weight is no big deal, but my wife is much-much smaller (fortunately lol).

My first generation marauder is too heavy for everyone else to use comfortably, the pull is also too long for the kids to shoot off the bench. I also have a Diana Air King circa 2012 or so, and it’s a heavy beast as well….plus the cocking a springer takes the fun out of it for them.

I see the Brocock Concept Lite looks like a nice light option, although the shot count is a bit lower than I’d hope for.

The ideal specs for what I’m looking for would basically be all the features of the Brocock Lite-adjustable stock (for wife or kids), light weight, plus a 60ish shot count maybe I just need accept the specs and pony up and finally get an air tank. I have a compressor but have been dragging my feet on buying a bottle…

Any other suggestions on equivalent or lighter options? I’m not opposed to going to the $1500 range, but would like to not go too much north of that price-point. If possible.

If I’m not careful every single one of my 4 kids are gonna want their own, and that’ll get expensive.

FX Wildcat is another option.
Thanks for the input, I’ll check them out.

I feel like there’s a gap in the market here that’d be a great opportunity for one of the big companies. The AR style platform seems like it fits the bill for different sized shooters pretty well…

I kind of got spoiled with the 60 shot count after dialing back my .25 cal marauder and regulating it. (I think it has every high shot oriented Hill component in there he makes.) once I got it dialed in I can just sit down with a stack of magazines and plink. I was getting 16-18 shots per fill before it dropped off before the mods. For back yard shorter range plinking it works great, but the .25 is a bit on the expensive side to keep fed.

.22 seems to be the more efficient caliber as well, as far as air consumption/shots per fill.

American air arms EVOL mini would work, if it was about a grand cheaper…

Reactions: coastal drifter
Hey folks, I’ve been dabbling in the precharged pneumatic and springer world for awhile, and would like to get the wife and kids into it a bit more, but I’m running into the issue of airgun weight. I’m a big guy at 6’4” so to me the marauder weight is no big deal, but my wife is much-much smaller (fortunately lol).

My first generation marauder is too heavy for everyone else to use comfortably, the pull is also too long for the kids to shoot off the bench. I also have a Diana Air King circa 2012 or so, and it’s a heavy beast as well….plus the cocking a springer takes the fun out of it for them.

I see the Brocock Concept Lite looks like a nice light option, although the shot count is a bit lower than I’d hope for.

The ideal specs for what I’m looking for would basically be all the features of the Brocock Lite-adjustable stock (for wife or kids), light weight, plus a 60ish shot count maybe I just need accept the specs and pony up and finally get an air tank. I have a compressor but have been dragging my feet on buying a bottle…

Any other suggestions on equivalent or lighter options? I’m not opposed to going to the $1500 range, but would like to not go too much north of that price-point. If possible.

If I’m not careful every single one of my 4 kids are gonna want their own, and that’ll get expensive.
.177 caliber is perfect
Crosman HFT challenger @Airgun-Revisions Rich Dudek is a stellar guy
Scoped less than 9.5 lbs
Or Brocock third pictured commander 8.6 lbs scoped crazy good shot count but the basic crosmans are perfect for this application
IMG_7371.jpeg

IMG_7381.jpeg

IMG_7503.jpeg

Last edited:
Get a used FX Dreamline Compact. Easy to turn down the power for a long day of shooting, adjustable AR style stock, 18 rd mags, and can take a bottle for less refilling. Plenty in the used relm for under a grand. My 8 y/o shoots my .177 one in the back yard off a tripod. He was shooting paintballs on toothpicks at 12-13 yards.

Your on the right track with the Concept or Atomic and Ranger XRs. I am a fit older dude and can carry lots of weight, but after my Atomic arrived? It simply blew all the others out the safe. Beware of its small size, also in terms of ruggedness and being able to take handling by kids and wives? Am an unbiased fan of BRKs through extensive field use and lots of plinking. My Atomic two years in? Still the bomb…

i always geta kick out of the 'im buying another airgun for my wife' story😉
I really really tried to get my wife interested , even bought a Edgun Leishy Classic with a .177 barrel and a .25 barrel .But again she said No i am not interested, period .!

How about this? I keep looking at this and it ticks a lot of boxes. One hundred shots on a fill and it probably loves the CPHP's.

How about this? I keep looking at this and it ticks a lot of boxes. One hundred shots on a fill and it probably loves the CPHP's.

Over priced, under powered. Old tech.

My favorite airguns are SPA P35s. I have them in 177, 22, and 25. One reason I like them is the low weight. 5 lbs unscoped. The LOP is about 13.5 inches which is much too low for me but might fit your wife, possibly kids. The stock is not adjustable, however. Price is under $600. Accuracy is good. I get 60 or more shots per fill except for the 25 which is tuned to about 50 fpe. It gets about 40. The 22 is tuned to about 32 fpe and gets about 70 shots per fill. The 177 is tuned to about 18 fpe and gets about 100 shots per fill. The Stoeger Bullshark is almost exactly the same gun but is about 1 lb heavier due to the stock.

A SPA P15 is the predecessor of the P35 and still sold. It has a wood stock and cocks in the rear and is lighter than a P35 or Bullshark. If you have to cut a stock down, the wood stock might be an advantage. It's a little less expensive than the P35.

Reactions: Macros and Bandito
My wife won’t shoot, has no interest. I will keep buying her guns and never lose hope.

I too have had an eye on the used dreamline series.
@Struckat You, sir, deserve a 🏆 if that works involving no drama. Might I remind you that Mother’s Day is upon us. All the best to you and the wife.

@BenjaminM As an advocate of the brand, I think strong consideration of a Brocock is in order with a $1500 budget. They’re solid built guns in my experience. Although I only own one, I’ve found that it’s exactly what other owners have said that they are and I don’t intend to sell mine. If you know how to do minor airgun maintenance I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase a Brocock air rifle with a side-lever. @L.Leon recommends an Atomic. I trust his assessment as I can recall when he first got one. He’s been shooting Brococks before that acquisition and knows these guns pretty well. But don’t just take our word for it, search and read a few AGN threads on these guns.

Last edited:

I do kind of like that idea for a fun plinker for me… I do have to say I really like my marauder, except for the barrel mounting/shroud system. I don’t care for those grub screws, they don’t seem as robust as I’d like them to be, and the shroud that can put pressure on the floating inner barrel if it gets pushed around gave me accuracy fits -for awhile til I tracked it down.