Best instant kill shot placement for small rats?

You have expectations and hope. You just have not been able to admit that you have expectations.

Good luck.

There's already tons of good advice here. Whether or not it works out for you is up to you.
All good. It is true that i expect rats to die when shot. I do not expect perfection though. Sometimes they dont die, sometimes they run.

Im hoping to minimize the survival time of the rats though.

@Puppadore,

The all time favorite for Rat extermination is a CAT as in “meow”. I am 100% serious. I have never had a cat that was not an excellent hunter. I joke you not! “Whitey - short for White Sox” has No friends on our property as he eats them all. If it moves he is on it. Birds, Lizards, Moles, Gophers, Mice, Rats, Grasshopper, Etc. He simply doesn’t know any different. The little guy is determined to get a Bat that roosts above our porch. Try it! You have nothing to loose & believe it or not they are very loyal, smart and make a wonderful addition to the family.

Often times, they are so curious and dearly seek attention, you may find yourself working on a project and a little tiny paw gently touches you. That will surely put a smile on your face and make day & even warm your heart.

P.S. Whitey since day one has been an outdoor cat.

@Puppadore,

The all time favorite for Rat extermination is a CAT as in “meow”. I am 100% serious. I have never had a cat that was not an excellent hunter. I joke you not! “Whitey - short for White Sox” has No friends on our property as he eats them all. If it moves he is on it. Birds, Lizards, Moles, Gophers, Mice, Rats, Grasshopper, Etc. He simply doesn’t know any different. The little guy is determined to get a Bat that roosts above our porch. Try it! You have nothing to loose & believe it or not they are very loyal, smart and make a wonderful addition to the family.

Often times, they are so curious and dearly seek attention, you may find yourself working on a project and a little tiny paw gently touches you. That will surely put a smile on your face and make day & even warm your heart.

P.S. Whitey since day one has been an outdoor cat.
Absolutely awesoms. I love cats! However, i am having way too much fun shooting rats. I’m a little bummed out that the numbers are dwindling. They are my live targets.

Ahhhhh I see now, so not to be blunt but you obviously have very little experiance,
shooting the belly if you lucky you will get one lung and that is a far from optimal shot.

Now I also have to question the statement "dead accurate" ......first of all that can mean a totally different accuracy standard depending on the subject declaring it, secondly I've never heard of alloy pointed pellets been accurate on the contrary.

Now for final thoughts :

if by shooting a good pellet you cut the wire I would say that a bit of stiching is well worth a dead rat, I rather shoot a pellet that goes through the wire rather that one that gets deflected.

Either way good luck to you and listen to advice experienced people give you regardless if you like it or not
If you have access to the underside you can shoot them through the junction between their head and neck from the bottom and keep penetrating all the way through the top of the head. If you get the midline even if you miss low you can sever the spine and they'll be dead right there. It a little high left or right doesn't matter still blow the brains out.

If you have access to the underside you can shoot them through the junction between their head and neck from the bottom and keep penetrating all the way through the top of the head. If you get the midline even if you miss low you can sever the spine and they'll be dead right there. It a little high left or right doesn't matter still blow the brains out.
Thank you. I will surely try this out. Would it matter if their head is not straight? They are usally looking left or right while stopped in mid climbing the chicken wires.