• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

BEST handgun under $500.00

Of course, it depends on what you are specifically looking for, but here’s my two cents. At that price range, for me, it would come down to the P-ROD vs the Artemis pp 750. Depends on what you want to do. I own both and they’re both pretty accurate. I put an AR style stock on the P-ROD. Their triggers aren’t necessarily exquisite, but they are plenty adequate for 25-50 y target shooting. And the P-rod is maximally customizable – easy to work on, and tons of information in this forum and elsewhere on mods. I’ve read about mods on the Artemis, but haven’t tried any - it’s been just fine for my needs so far. I also own the AA Alfa proj target pistol, which I do find exquisite in all the characteristics you specified, and a better real-deal target shooter than I am. I have read of a Chinese knock off of it in your price range, which according to the reviews is indistinguishable in function from the gun on which it is based.

A $220 Listone Victor (Air Arms/CZ Alpha Project clone) if you can still find one they are as good as the originals and trigger can go as low as roughly 3 or 4oz. HANDS DOWN By far the best bang 4 the buck for a target grade PCP pistol under $500.

A FWB 65 or 80 can't be beat too Springers and semi recoilless. So are the Diana Model 7 and 10 recoilless springers. These old guns are extremely pellet friendly.

If not then if you're into sheer accuracy then the Crosman 1701P and 1720T direct from Crosman with 25% off AGNATION discount code.

Their triggers can be worked down to roughly 5oz if you know what you are doing.

My Artemis P700s are almost as accurate as my Crosmans and are worth buying too.

What is the best CO2 Air Handgun under $500.00 considering...Accuracy, Trigger, Stock, Barrel.....Shooting 10Meter from a Bench...

Chuck

The 2300S is a touch over $200 direct from Crosman with AGNATION 25% discount. Upgrade the 2300S trigger to the Marauder pistol trigger assembly and you effectively have a CO2 equivalent of a 1701P pistol.

Lots more choices with pcp for less than $500 though. 

"No one reads today ?" Excellent point, Mike.

I purchased the best Co2 under $500 (including shipping) about a decade ago from an individual in the Netherlands. The Walther CP3 bulk-fill Co2 ten-meter pistol pre-dated their PCPs, and in my opinion is the finest Co2 pistol ever marketed.

Of course I "personalized" her to meet my own demented requisites by monkeying the trigger down to the best trigger I've experienced (2 ounce first stage + two more to telepathic trigger-break), souping-up the power to 5.7 FP, and adding the Leupold Gilmore red-dot scope.

Took a few hours to painstakingly remove globs of pookey from the grip and refinish it to expose the lovely walnut beneath. But it was well worth the efforts. Of over 500 airguns of all kinds I've owned and tested in 60+ years of airgunning, this lovely piece of functional airgun art is one of my most prized possessions.

Walther CP3M.JPG

As taken from my testing in Airgun Chronicles- Thirty Years Of Airgun Testing And Competition-

7.9 grain JSB Express, power maxed, 96F., 10 shots= Low- 561, High- 579, ES- 18, SD- 5, Avg- 568 FPS/5.7 FP

No, I won't take $500.;)

1657217599740.png