Best glass fixed 10x scope.

I’m looking for a 10x fixed power that will adjust down to 10-15 yards with the best glass.

These are on the list but I hope you guys have other suggestions.

Hawke

Athlon

SWFA

I have a Vector Veyron 10x, it’s alright for a plinker.

buget end

higher

other ones i saw did not have a parralax to 10 yards

if you can find one...there was an old Leupold Mark 4 10x ..but discontined now
not positive on the paralax adjustment
here's a used one on ebay

I have four of these Optisan EVX fixed 10s, which are perfect for use in my yard from 10 out to 80. Really nice glass and very thin reticle with just the right level of markings and good illumination. The only scope that I’ve ever bought again, and again and again! A bargain price at UA but it looks like they may be out of stock. If it were suitable, I might be able to part with one.

Reactions: Florida_Man
The 10x Talos is rarely mentioned....

I was able to test the preproduction Athlon Talos fixed power 10x against the preproduction Heras line of scopes. It was right there with them in all regards which is crazy good for a Talos grade scope!!! The glass was great and partly because its a fixed power scope using fewer lenses and the newer lens coatings. Quality wise I'd put it up there with the Helos line. It's probably the most you'll get for your money in the Athlon scopes.

But fixed 10x isn't my thing, however if I was looking for one this would be it. Instead I got the Heras 2-12 which is a much more versatile scope.

Last edited:
The 10x Talos is rarely mentioned....

I was able to test the preproduction Athlon Talos fixed power 10x against the preproduction Heras line of scopes. It was right there with them in all regards which is crazy good for a Talos grade scope!!! The glass was great and partly because its a fixed power scope using fewer lenses and the newer lens coatings. Quality wise I'd put it up there with the Helos line. It's probably the most you'll get for your money in the Athlon scopes.

But fixed 10x isn't my thing, however if I was looking for one this would be it. Instead I got the Heras 2-12 which is a much more versatile.
I keep a Hawke Airmax 3-12 that does the work I need for a variable mag well enough. I love the fixed magnification scope and have pretty much been putting them on everything. For my backyard pest and plink application they are great.

Reactions: steve123
Are you considering prism scopes? Immersive and the brand that looks just like it has a couple flavors in 10x, one with a 24mm objective and another 40mm. I have a 40 and it is quite different from a standard scope. It will focus down to ~6 yards and the image details are sharp and crisp, so "good glass". The field of view is uniquely impressive, maybe three times the diameter of a regular scope in each direction, like a 3x field of view at 10x magnification, or with the reticle mapping 25 mils in holdover/drop, I'd estimate an 80 mil diameter field of view. However, it is a challenge to get the eye exactly in the proper spot to view the whole reticle / field of view clearly, and with an eye-relief a half-inch or so from the lens it won't work on a recoiling gun (the 24mm is supposed to have easier eye relief). At 40/10= 4mm exit pupil, it isn't bright and so might be a poor choice for dark woods or dawn/dusk (the 24mm would be even dimmer). And the focus knob turns less out at the farther distances, where a little knob turn gives a big change in focal distance, making it difficult to range distance using the focus knob. But, it is a unique scope experience, like looking through one eye of a 10x40 binocular. I think it would be great for field varmint hunting: glassing wide expanses on a bright day.

Reactions: Florida_Man
Are you considering prism scopes? Immersive and the brand that looks just like it has a couple flavors in 10x, one with a 24mm objective and another 40mm. I have a 40 and it is quite different from a standard scope. It will focus down to ~6 yards and the image details are sharp and crisp, so "good glass". The field of view is uniquely impressive, maybe three times the diameter of a regular scope in each direction, like a 3x field of view at 10x magnification, or with the reticle mapping 25 mils in holdover/drop, I'd estimate an 80 mil diameter field of view. However, it is a challenge to get the eye exactly in the proper spot to view the whole reticle / field of view clearly, and with an eye-relief a half-inch or so from the lens it won't work on a recoiling gun (the 24mm is supposed to have easier eye relief). At 40/10= 4mm exit pupil, it isn't bright and so might be a poor choice for dark woods or dawn/dusk (the 24mm would be even dimmer). And the focus knob turns less out at the farther distances, where a little knob turn gives a big change in focal distance, making it difficult to range distance using the focus knob. But, it is a unique scope experience, like looking through one eye of a 10x40 binocular. I think it would be great for field varmint hunting: glassing wide expanses on a bright day.
I appreciate all this info. I was considering one, I've looked hard. I use a PARD NV008s day and night, but mostly night now and on a gun I don't use as often. I also bought a Pard DS35 that gets a lot more use day and night. Using those I have found that I reach for the traditional style scope more.
On top of that I am looking at getting back into a scope can, an Eaglevision this time. From what I read those don't work in the prism scopes.
Thanks again for your time.

Reactions: Berserkeley Mike
You won’t find a better 10x than the SWFA……been down this rabbit hole
I have two rifles that need optics. I’m going to get one of the other ones and wait for tax day or Black Friday for the SWFA. I’ve read a few places they run sales that are pretty good. I’ll save up and hopefully the SWFA HD will make a showing on the discount, but it looks like it’s usually the lesser scopes. Probably the Athlon first, I get a discount on those.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I am going to keep an eye on the swfa hd for sales.

I received an Athlon Talos 10x the other day. I decided on that one because I really like the moa reticle. I was able to mount and zero it today. Very much an upgrade from the compact Veyron 10x that was on the rifle.

IMG_3549.jpeg

I'm sort of a 10x scope fan. I currently have an Airmax, vector Veyron, SWFA, and Optisan. The AM and Optisan are amazingly clear, but heavy. The SWFA and Veyron are just slightly, but noticeably less clear, but lighter. If you can stand an extra few ounces I'd go with the Optisan or Hawke, they're pretty darn nice.
All will focus to10y or less.

The brand that looks like it is MTC. There’s are called SWAT. I have an IO and an MTC. I really like, a lot, both of them, it the MTC a little more. I love the low eye relief, it gives you huge field of vision eliminating the need for variable power to “find” your target. I don’t find locating where to put my eye. There is a spot on my brow that I put right on the reticle and it is perfect. That is one of the things I really like about the scopes, there is no moving my head back and forth to get the correct eye relief.

Reactions: Berserkeley Mike
The brand that looks like it is MTC. There’s are called SWAT. I have an IO and an MTC. I really like, a lot, both of them, it the MTC a little more. I love the low eye relief, it gives you huge field of vision eliminating the need for variable power to “find” your target. I don’t find locating where to put my eye. There is a spot on my brow that I put right on the reticle and it is perfect. That is one of the things I really like about the scopes, there is no moving my head back and forth to get the correct eye relief.
Thanks for the tips. If I ever get another prism scope I'll consider MTC. I see their high power is 12x50, which should pass a little more light than the 14x50 or 10x40 Immersives. When I first received my Immersive I almost sent it back, it went back in the box and everything. The image was dark and I couldn't get my eye in the right position to see or focus the whole reticle. But it was evening and everything was dark, and in the morning I looked through it again out into the bright day and was blown away, it was a completely different experience. Yeah, that field of view eliminates the need for low power. Now I grab that scope more than any other, but then again all my other scopes are cheapoes.