Best filament for 3D printing parts for airgun?

Hello,

I'm looking to print some 3D parts for my first PCP (Kral NP03 in .177).
I have an Creality Ender 5 printer, and I have not used it for several years, and I've only used PLA before.

What would be easy to use (like PLA), works with Ender, and strong enough for air gun parts?

I'm looking to print (for Kral NP03):
- stock adapter: so I can use a common, lightweight folding stock for AR stock
- band that goes around shroud and PCP tank, I don't know what this is called.. but it would make the barrel more sturdy and have an extra rail on bottom

I have a ton of experience in 3D modeling, but not much on actual printer settings and use of printed materials.

Hi Puppadore,
I use entirely PetG and ABS.

PetG is strong and does not just break in two parts like PLA.

The challenge for PetG is to find the highest temperature you can print with, without getting stringing, annoying bloops and build up on your nozzle.
And the retraction settings need to be spot on. Try to print a temperature tower and a retraction tower to get these settings right.
Expect to print in the lower temperature end of the manufacturer specs. Use 25-30% cooling.
If you print at too low temperature the layers will not fuse properly and the part will be weak.

Make the design so it fits - it is not easy to sand or work on afterwards. I print with normal Petg 230 °C / 70 °C bed.
Easy PetG and where the use additive to ease the flow i go down to 224-226 °C.
Use a slow first layer (15mm/s.) and allow the nozzle to be a bit higher above the bed to avoid squeezing the first layer

I Like ABS - My favorite, - but before you will have great success with ABS you will have no hair left on your head.
When you get everything right it is so nice to print with and the looks is impressive.
(Printing with ABS have some dimension challenges. I scale the model to 100.5% then the measures fits exactly after shrinkage.

Reactions: Puppadore
According to my experience, For the band that goes around the shroud and PCP tank, you can use a material like Nylon or TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) which are also known for their strength and durability. As you can read these instructions and setting for printers, Nylon is a strong and durable material that is commonly used for mechanical parts, and TPU is a flexible material that can be used for parts that require flexibility and impact resistance. Both are also compatible with the Creality Ender 5.
In general, it's always recommended to use a material that has been tested and proven to be suitable for the specific application, and also to use the correct printing settings to ensure the part will be printed correctly.