Best east coast source for Alkin/buyers experience.

Hey all,

As the title implies, can anyone offer experience or advice on purchasing a w31? I have been green lighted (more like yellow) for the purchase of a high quality compressor. I’d like to act somewhat quickly, before I do anything to have said permission rescinded. I have parts coming to repair Henny Youngman, but would like this to be his last repair, but need him in the meantime to keep me in air. Thanks, as usual, for any and all comments or advice. 

I just purchased one from Baker Airguns. For me, they were over the top in every aspect. Shipping was like 7 or 8 days. Only 65 bucks as they absorb the first 300 of it. Second was on their website they only advertise the full auto model which I didn't want, and they said no problem to get the manual one. But for me, most importantly, was the fact that I just felt that 8 months waiting for a Impact was just too long. I asked if I could use the prepaid money to put towards the compressor. Their response was, "No problem. We understand". Very happy with my new compressor and Baker.

You can purchase directly from them. They are in New Jersey if I remember correctly. If you are close enough you can even pick it up to save time and shipping cost. That might not be the case for you but it's an option.

Agreed. Their main distribution center is located in New Jersey. To my understanding their factory is in Turkey and they ship the parts to Jersey for assembly and distribution. Send Aydin an email at [email protected]. He’ll respond and send you his phone number. He can answer many questions you have. If you have detailed and super technical questions ask to speak with David. 

I just purchased one from Baker Airguns. For me, they were over the top in every aspect. Shipping was like 7 or 8 days. Only 65 bucks as they absorb the first 300 of it. Second was on their website they only advertise the full auto model which I didn't want, and they said no problem to get the manual one. But for me, most importantly, was the fact that I just felt that 8 months waiting for a Impact was just too long. I asked if I could use the prepaid money to put towards the compressor. Their response was, "No problem. We understand". Very happy with my new compressor and Baker.

If what’s stated in above in bold is true and you are not able to drive to pick up a compressor, I’d compare the shipping aspect of the quote you get directly from Alkin against a quote from Baker. This likely applies to those living in other states though. 

@Scotty1 it sounds like you’re close and don’t have to worry about shipping. 

Thanks for the responses, I spent my first 43 years an hour away from them in NJ, But I’m now in western NC, so shipping is definitely a factor. I’ve asked for a quote from Alkin, and will also speak with Baker, whom I bought my Crown from and would give my business to again, depending on price. I also have a possible line on a low hour used Alkin, and I’m waiting to hear back on that one as well. Thanks again, all very much appreciated!

Scott

I have a Sheldon compressor that has kept me in air for the last eight years , I change the oil and keep the filters clean, If my Sheldon ever bit the dust I know I would have to fork over the big money on a Alkin compressor , I just do not see me adjusting and fighting with the cheap china junk,,, I would have the big 6000 PSI nitrogen tanks in a heat beat if I could find one in my area for under 100 buck a month... 

Mike

Steve has also assisted me on a few occasions. I would consider him the go to person when it comes to anything pcp air fills.

He not only knows his compressor stuff, but his reasonings and common sense with compressor ownership choices are stellar.

Congratulations, Scotty1, on being a new Alkin owner. 

On another note, what would be cool is on these monthly pcp package give always here on AGN, is that they’d switch it up and do an Alkin give away once or twice a year.

Thanks Zonk! My compressor arrived yesterday, 3 days from ordering to receiving. I have only fondled it so far, but will add a 220 volt line for it today. It’s too windy to shoot today, and I don’t need air yet, but I expect it’ll be a pleasure to fill, especially compared to the Yong Heng. My relationship with my ice maker will also be improved as a bonus.