• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Best diy targets

Hey everyone what are your best diy target ideas? Here are a couple of mine for my pellet and BB pistols i like to use ice cubes they explode like glass but no clean up to deal with and with a little food coloring in the water before it freezes you can see them well even at distances, for my automatic bb guns I also use ice but I fill a cooking pan with water and add a little loop of rope so I can hang it from trees and stuff and you get a awesome coin shape target 3 inches thick 12 to 18 inches wide that chips explodes and breaks like glass with every shoot, for my rifles i like to use paper foil i get a couple long strips tape them to my big wood back stop draw lots of little dots all over them in a grid pattern and now I have a super cheap reactive target for next to nothing you can see your holes way better that the black and orange paper targets you have to buy and it's like a dollar for a roll of paper foil i can make targets to shoot at all month with just one roll the visibility is better than the store bought reactive paper targets and you can also draw what ever shape you want in the foil like people animals or whatever you can imagine those are just 3 of my home made targets ideas i have lots more I'll share as the tread continues what are your best target ideas?

Although I enjoy making targets from time to time, I have to say one of my favorite targets is something that usually costs nothing at all...the strings of beads they throw out at Mardi Gras parades. Sizes ranging from 1/4” to 3/4”, they’re good for testing your precision sniping skills at almost any practical distance and they give a satisfying explosion of iridescence. At a typical parade, you can collect enough in an hour to last all year. What I do is hang a string and shoot the bottom one to kick things off, and then time subsequent shots to hit the next bead as it swings to an apex. Good fun.

The water beads are one of my little diy target secrets i was planning on sharing on here with you guys but looks like you are ahead of me on this one I personally like the really big ones they are about the size of a plum and explode gloriously when hit by a fast pellet and like most of my best diy target ideas there is no clean up, im a big proponent of things I can destroy and not have to clean up I'll have to try the heart shaped Valentine's day candy DonC mentioned awesome idea.I like the mardi gras beads too a little wind and the will make a challenging target I will definitely have to try that, good ideas every one keep them coming.
1560630256_20480961845d0553f0924361.54243324_s-l1600 (9).jpg

I enjoy water beads, they are colorful, available in various sizes, nontoxic and biodegradable. and you get an enormous amount (tens of thousands) for less than 10 dollars. Just throw a few into a bucket of water, allow them a few hours to expand and absorb water. Much like shooting paintballs but much cheaper and less messy. https://www.amazon.com/Elongdi-Rainbow-Growing-Sensory-Wedding/dp/B06XZNMMKC/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=water+beads&qid=1559843867&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Brilliant thanks.

Bb