Best deal on a decent scope?

It would be helpful to know what your primary goals are. Things to consider:
Weight/size
Magnification
Parallax (Do you need a close focus of 10 yards?)
PCP or Springer use?
Price range a "decent" scope could cover scopes from 200-2000 dollars.

For an all around scope I have several Vector Optics Sentinel 10-40's. They are on the long side but are springer rated and very clear for about 200 buck on Amazon. They also have illuminated and non illuminated in 4-16, 6-24, and 8-32 for a bit less.

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
The least expensive scope I have had good experience with is my Hawke Vantage 2-7. Maybe I should have purchased the 3-9 but for plinking or pesting it's all the scope I really need. I recently used a 4-12 for a few days and was impressed in the quality for the money. Good warranty too.

I have a Vector Sentinel 8-32 but I don't consider it an all around scope. I want less than 8X for finding my target and it's long and heavy. I use it for 30 yard challenge targets. I think a 10-40 would be even better for a target scope - that admittedly could be used for other things.

I have an Arken EPL-4 6-24 but it has fine cross hairs (like the Sentinel) and it is FFP so the reticle gets very faint below about 10X. I prefer my Vector Veyron 6-24. Lighter, smaller, and SFP so 6X is usable. Arken has a little better glass but I was surprised the Veyron is as clear as it is. Lots of people have these in FFP but the only one that carries the SFP I know of is Krale. Less than $200 delivered when I got mine.

But for a near $100 scope I don't think you can beat the Hawke Vantage.

IMG_1850.jpeg

I’m really loving mine on my HW 98 right now. The locking turrets are great. I also like that the mil reticle is true at 10X(sfp). It only took three shots to get sighted in and the tracking seems perfect.