• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best cronograph? FX?

These is no such thing is best crono. All crono are accurate +/- few fps. What really matters is, what type of crono do you want? 

Do you want a small compact pocket size that can fit into your pocket?

Do you want a crono that is large as a computer screen?

Do you want a crono that has built in wifi that will connect to your phone and give you a reading?

Do you want a crono that will convert fps to ft lb?

Do you want a crono that can print out your shot string?

Do you want a crono that will save all your data? 

Do you want a crono that will tell your fps 100 yards down range?

There are many type of crono, each made for certain people's needs. What i need is, a crono that tells me my fps thats all it matters to me. So any crono is best for me.

I have not picked up an FX radar yet. I am still using a ProChrono Digital chronograph. I believe the most important reason to use a chrono is for determining consistency of the shot cycles. I believe the benefits of the FX would be mostly convenience and portability, and eliminating the need for lighting support in low light conditions to function properly. I have seen comparisons between the FX and other chronographs. The differences in velocity readings were minuscule, but were different. Which one do you trust becomes a brain teaser at that point. Some report higher velocity readings and some lower reading when comparing to other chronographs. Some reports are that the FX is rough on batteries. I know mine is not. I'd say if you need the convenience, or are frustrated with lighting woes...Go for it.

For what it’s worth I’ve used several different Chrony’s after my last one was killed I decided to try out the LMBR Chrony and find it to be most consistent, flawless one I’ve used to date, if I have to replace this one it will be with another lmbr. Sold out of florida 3 days to ny I think they are only seller in the USA. Absolute no regrets with it 

Well have Ans more often than not use the FX chrony I have little to know issues with performance a lot of times I just accidentally press something wrong than it take me 20 minutes to figure out what happened lol. The only other chronograph that I thought was worth having and I didn’t have to worry about accidentally hitting the rods was the orange sound chronograph that’s like 1000 dollars. I don’t own one personally but a friend of mine uses it and I’ve used his from time to time. I think it’s called the Labradar. It’s abaosuletly amazing but not worth the cash for what I do. I am really excited about the integrated chronograph and digital display that hopefully is coming soon I’ll probably put some money aside for those accessories. 

My pocket chronograph from Fx has been my only chronograph I’ve used and needed. Idk what exactly you need it for but I just use mine to check my tune make sure it’s where I want and it’s worked fine. I don’t personally do any crazy testing but if I did I’d probably still use the Fx chronograph on my gun snd maybe the standing ones with the rods so I can see penetration or FPE loss over a certain distance. 

I have an FX Chrony and a Caldwell Precision Chrony. I tend to grab the Caldwell more than I do the FX, because I'm outside, usually without my phone.

The other day, when I compared one to the other, I found that the FX always reported speeds just a little slower than the Caldwell, anywhere from 10 to 5 fps slower, depending on the weight of the pellets. Heavier pellets found the two chronies to be closer in their readings.