Best compact scope

Immersive Optics are very compact and light with super wide FOV at high magnification and clear low dispersion glass. Prism scopes are a game changer in the field. Difficult to get used to at first, then you get used to a massive sight picture at 14x, had to crank my other scope's zoom down to 4.5x to have the same FOV. 

For field work, the target acquisition is amazing.

@stoutblock, if you like you can have my throw lever... no sale, just paying something forward... PM me if you like.

image.1653098841.jpeg

I spent a lot of time looking for a compact scope. I went with the Athlon Helos BTR 2-12x42 mil version. It’s under twelve inches.

Same here. My goal was to have something capable of working well from 5 yards out to 100yards. The 2-12x power does that, and is hard to find outside of this model. The FFP reticle still gives a nice aim point at 2x and a full usable tree at 12x. It's like having an almost-red-dot and long range scope (dial turrets, tree reticle) in the same package.

Without knowing what you want to do with the scope, it's hard to say. But to boost thane's signal, prismatic fixed-magnification scopes can be really impressive. They tend to have very wide fields of view, and are optically very clear. If you are comfortable with little eye relief you can get extremely impressive fields of view -- many times the fields of view of variable-power scopes. 

But the scope you need depends on the circumstances you are going to be using your gun.

My deer rifle has a 6x fixed-magnification prismatic scope on it. It's tiny, and pretty much just about right for the kind of hunting I'll be doing. The eyebox is very generous, as well. 

Given that my airguns are mostly for night-time pesting I've got an IR scope mounted, at present. 

I was in the same boat awhile back. I finally found a vector veyron 3-12x44. For the money I like it. I just recieved a west hunter 3-12×44 last week not really impressed with it. Glass is good. The AO is stiff to turn. Turrets are mushy. No defined click when adjusted. Alot going on with the crosshairs... I have one more compact that needs a scope and I've been looking real hard at the US optics compact scope.
I have a USO 3x12-54 on a Pro X and love it.

The Vector Optics Veyrons are really nice, and to me punch above their purchase price. 3-12 for hunting within ~60 yards or so, or you give up some of their light weight and compactness for more power with the 4-16 or the 6-24.

The Optisan CP series are a little brighter overall, but the price is increased over the Veyrons. Available 3-12 or fixed 10x.

I have been looking at the Optisan CP 3-12x32 -- and your comment when comparing it to the Vector Veyron caught my attention. As I take scope footage, scope brightness is pretty important to me.

So, am I understanding this correctly, the
Optisan 3-12x32
appears to be brighter than the
Veyron 3-12x44?

To me it seems somehow counterintuitive that the 44mm lens would be less bright than the 32mm lens. Sure, glass differences exist, and if the Optisan was costing a grand and a half, I would expect it to be brighter. :unsure:

I would be grateful if you or others could discuss this. Cheers!

Matthias

@jasonmc, is that the West Hunter WHT 3-12x44 SFIR FFP that you're finding to be lacking? My West Hunter WHT has audible clicks, a simple reticle, the side focus is smooth and turns with minimal force, and daylight bright IR. The reticle itself is super simple a center dot, the Xmas tree is not obtrusive to the sight picture. Maybe you got a bad one? I've been dialing with mine from 25-60 yards, so far it's holding up fine.
Why the WHT vs the others?

Some of the best are the Leupold compact scopes,have good glass are are light weight..also Burris has some good compact scopes and both brands can be had with AO .

freedom 2-7 up tp 50 yards, cant beat glass and weight for $300

Do they have exposed turrets (as I'm a turret dialer)?

Do they have 10y parallax?

Do they have a holdover reticle (not a BDC or plain crosshairs, but evenly spaced hash lines or dots)?

Just wondering why these scopes have not shown up on my radar till now...

Matthias

Do they have exposed turrets (as I'm a turret dialer)?

Do they have 10y parallax?

Do they have a holdover reticle (not a BDC or plain crosshairs, but evenly spaced hash lines or dots)?

Just wondering why these scopes have not shown up on my radar till now...

Matthias
capped turrets ( but for short range you dont do adjustments once you zero - most of the time - in my case)

ill check how closely they focus,

and duplex and rimfire moa ( BDC )

ive used it on few air rifles and now on 22 wmr rifle, again super light hunting/plinking scope ( not a bench scope)

capped turrets ( but for short range you dont do adjustments once you zero - most of the time - in my case)

ill check how closely they focus,

and duplex and rimfire moa ( BDC )

ive used it on few air rifles and now on 22 wmr rifle, again super light hunting/plinking scope ( not a bench scope)

Thanks, Karol. 👍🏼

Matthias