Best COMPACT and POWERFUL and REGULATED and QUIET .25 bullpup?

I think this boils down to Cricket Vs. Vulcan (w/ add-on moderator), but maybe not. Looking for opinions or better ideas. FYI, I think the Impact is too long and too expensive.

Here's the deal: I love my Marauder, but it is simply too big to haul up in the deer stand on my bowhunts. It's also too bulky to stow in the small boat for some of my little summer river camping adventures. I also need something more discreet than a full-size rifle case while passing through certain public areas on foot. (Nothing I do is illegal, but I have occasions to be in boat launches, or public parking areas, with lots of stroller-pushers and others who have FREAKED OUT and called 911 to report a madman with a GUN (even in the case)! Cops come, check ID, give lectures, etc. No charges but why deal with the hassle?)

Is anyone aware of a case/backpack solution for Cricket, Vulcan or other that might help on this count?

I have a built-up P-Rod that breaks down to an 18" backpack. It's fun, but doesn't have the umph that I want for going long and scoring reliably humane kills. For instance, on one deer permission, the owner encourages me to take foxes that have overrun the area. I've killed them with the crossbow no trouble, but I would like an airgun that could do the same with a little more range, and less threat of losing an expensive bolt in the bushes on a longer shot.

I stepped up to the Vulcan from my P-rod. Vulcan is a FANTASTIC gun. Best in the world in my opinion. 

You might take a look at the Leshiy.. I have the .22 Leshiy, and I almost never reach for my Vulcan anymore. Leshiy is lightweight, packs into a very small case, way more powerful than the Marauder, built like a tank, very accurate.... ect..

I consider my Vulcan to be more of a target gun now and the Leshiy is my hunter that rides in the truck with me everywhere I go. 

414517356ffba63922fd1e5a15c5d43f.jpg

dido what Frazier said, he just beat me to it. 

Is anyone aware of a case/backpack solution for Cricket, Vulcan or other that might help on this count?

As far as cases, to be discreet, I do remember back when the vulcan came out, several guys were putting them in skateboard backpacks to make them less conspicuous. If memory serves 511 makes a case they liked. Looks something like this. Pick on the link.

http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4.html

Or if you want the really cheap version here is one on amazon for less $$. Pick on the pic.

Best rifles is your call.

As far as NOT freaking people out, I have a friend who lives in Nashville. Absolutely legal to own and transport ( but NOT shoot ) an airgun. happens to have had a neighbor who FREAKS about the sight of a rifle case, yikes.
So, hit the Pawn Shop - they separate everything they take in, as in scope & rifle came in together but get sold separate- look for a nice instrument case that suits you. A Gibson Bass soft case WILL protect several thousand dollars worth of airgun or guitar.to "tactical rifle" cases. Many are superior Soft padding cant scratch, pockets, handles,... . Normally $5-10 for a very nice soft case and ( as long as you are legal) the worst that will happen between car & range area is someone asking what you play. "Mostly wind instruments but......".

John

Gentlemen,
The information and opinions are greatly appreciated. Also a lot of Veteran fans out there, so that was my cue to take a careful look at that gun.

I'm not seriously looking at shorties because I have delusions about stretching out to 100 yards on occasion. That let me out on the Leishy. I want the longer range capability.

I'm also assuming the addition of a after-market moderator for all of these because quiet is a high priority and I expect all these guns have a bit of a bark due to caliber regardless of the shrouds.

Below I try to compare and contrast length, fpe, and shot efficiency. I accept that all the guns are laser accurate with the right pellet/speed selection.

I would appreciate anyone who cares to review these stats filling in the unknowns, and also commenting below on adjustability of these guns.
All this is in .25 cal

Cricket Standard:
  1. 33" length​
  2. 45-52 fpe max
  3. 70+ shots per fill @ unknown fpe
  4. 350 cc tank
  5. Trigger considered brilliant
  6. $1300-$1600
    [/LIST=1]
    Veteran Standard:
    1. 28" length
    2. 45-55fpe max
    3. shot count per fill unknown @ any fpe
    4. 280cc air tank
    5. Trigger unknown
    6. * 20 MOA rail eliminates cost of additional adjustable rings
    7. $1300
      [/LIST=1]
      Vulcan:
      1. 27" (shortest)
      2. 46-50 fpe max
      3. 60 shots @ 30fpe but high power count unknown (40?)
      4. tank size unknown
      5. trigger repuations unknown
      6. $1600
        [/LIST=1]
        Least Expensive winner is Veteran
        Shortest Winner is Vulcan
        Longest/Best track record winner and trigger seems to be Cricket (subjective).
        Most efficient on air vs. power, not enough information to judge
        Veteran is the only with a +MOA rail, which would theoretically save some dough on aftermarket adjustable rings.

Adjustability?: Does anyone have comparative information on how adjustable these guns are, and what is involved with both HST adjustments and the possibility of tinkering with regulators. Also speed/accuracy ratio recommendations for various pellets in any of these guns might also help me make a decision.

"I’m not seriously looking at shorties because I have delusions about stretching out to 100 yards on occasion. That let me out on the Leishy. I want the longer range capability."

Because it would feel well for you and be difficult? Air efficiency ?

Barrel length ( naturally must be long enough to spin pellet ) is not an accuracy factor. 

John

"spysir""I’m not seriously looking at shorties because I have delusions about stretching out to 100 yards on occasion. That let me out on the Leishy. I want the longer range capability."

Because it would feel well for you and be difficult? Air efficiency ?

Barrel length ( naturally must be long enough to spin pellet ) is not an accuracy factor. 

John

I'm no expert, but it appears conventional wisdom is longer barrel = more velocity and greater accuracy. Like a lot of us, I get a lot of info from blogs and videos which is a poor substitute for actual experience. Thus my presumption on Leshiy However, I note Ted's video on the Leshiy where he demonstrated its remarkable accuracy, but it was not comparable to his longer barrelled Impact (which obviously is not part of the discussion here). 

I just went through the same decision process as you are going through. I got my Taipan Veteran 25 standard a month ago. I also have a 22 Wildcat which is a great gun. They are both deadly accurate. If the Wildcat 25 was the same length as the Wildcat 22 (28") I would have purchased it but it is 4" longer. The Wildcats forward cocking lever is so much better when making follow up shots at game. That being said, I love the Veteran for its size and am getting used to the cocking lever. I also like the trigger and the safety better on the Veteran.