Best chrono for the money?

Personally own one and have for about 2 years.

3 local buddies each have one as well and have for over 1 year.

Between all of us we have only experienced one issue and that was just a cable connection internally that had backed off a bit (very easy fix)

Another thing you might consider is a battery conversion or just have a rechargeable AAA setup. If you shoot a lot like I do you'll always want from fresh ready to use batteries on hand.

Reactions: Scotay42
IMO they are good for what they are designed for, a pocket chrony.…I started with an fx and sold it because it wasnt what I needed out of a chrony. It worked ok, app was nice, unit was a nice design, but too finicky for me. Few missed shots for no reason became a regular thing even with a static position on one rifle. Maybe if i was only using one or two rifles it would be ok but each rifle had its preferred distance placement for readings. I ended up getting tired of adjustments, missed shots, readjustments for every rifle and wanted a semi-permanent tuning bench/trap setup, which the FX is not. But for some its exactly what they need and it works for them. They are very range bag friendly, no tripod needed, modernized with a slick app and works well for many people. FWIW I use a ProChrony now and have had zero issues or complaints.

Had one for more than 3 years.

Tested it against well known brands and very similar readings, single digit differences between chronies.

On extended mount from side picatinny rail gives about 95% reading shot success rate, and on mini tripod just left of barrel at same height of barrel gives 99% reading shot success rate.

Very happy with it.

Battery life not great, but there are solutions to that as others have mentioned.

to me its not a huge issue, it just needs to work, i only need it to set a gun up or after working on it then it sits usually for weeks at a time .. it dont even matter if its 'precise' who gives a flying tree rats behind, just need a relative baseline to set up from ... the caldwell was cheap and its lighting picky but gets the job done ..

Reactions: beerthief
This version of the famous Chinese chrony does feet per second or meters per second. (You select when you turn it on).

Display on this version is 4 digits, so if shooting under 1,000fps it will actually show tenths … i.e 885.6 fps

Records 36 shots, then overlays Shot #1 with Shot #37 - I write down my shot string and then turn off and back on after 36.

Clamps for both plain barrel or moderator included.

$32 and never misses recording a shot.

Eyes.sys High Precision Ballistic Shooting Chronograph Airsoft Bullet Arrow Velocity Meter Chargeable MPS/FPS Reading for Archery Hunting Prep https://a.co/d/jiffLEX

Lightweight, minimal to zero PoI shift - depending on barrel stiffness.

I added some $7 strip lights to my Pro Chrono. I usually shoot from my garage, and this rarely misses a shot.
92D1DDB4-E385-41B5-8570-C603D9066C55.jpeg

Reactions: Peskådot671
This version of the famous Chinese chrony does feet per second or meters per second. (You select when you turn it on).

Display on this version is 4 digits, so if shooting under 1,000fps it will actually show tenths … i.e 885.6 fps

Records 36 shots, then overlays Shot #1 with Shot #37 - I write down my shot string and then turn off and back on after 36.

Clamps for both plain barrel or moderator included.

$32 and never misses recording a shot.

Eyes.sys High Precision Ballistic Shooting Chronograph Airsoft Bullet Arrow Velocity Meter Chargeable MPS/FPS Reading for Archery Hunting Prep https://a.co/d/jiffLEX

Lightweight, minimal to zero PoI shift - depending on barrel stiffness.
For $32 bucks on Amazon how can you go wrong? I’m going to buy one and shot through it and over my Lab Radar at the same time. That will tell us if there junk or not.

Reactions: Smitty911
I bought one, and it WAS Chinese junk and didn't work. Didn't work period.

Hi Rich,

You must have got a bad one. I’ve had three different versions of this chrono through the years and all have worked great - they all still work.

I’d just have Amazon do a quick exchange and try another - it’s a really good chrono - and unbeatable for the money. I’ve had Caldwell and FX chronys - so I‘ve built my opinion on direct comparison to other popular chronographs.