Best chrono for the money?

This version of the famous Chinese chrony does feet per second or meters per second. (You select when you turn it on).

Display on this version is 4 digits, so if shooting under 1,000fps it will actually show tenths … i.e 885.6 fps

Records 36 shots, then overlays Shot #1 with Shot #37 - I write down my shot string and then turn off and back on after 36.

Clamps for both plain barrel or moderator included.

$32 and never misses recording a shot.

Eyes.sys High Precision Ballistic Shooting Chronograph Airsoft Bullet Arrow Velocity Meter Chargeable MPS/FPS Reading for Archery Hunting Prep https://a.co/d/jiffLEX

Lightweight, minimal to zero PoI shift - depending on barrel stiffness.
Agree with EPG
This is my 2nd $33 Chinese Chrono. First one I accidentally shot the far light. That's the only weakness I see in the system. Just got my 2nd one from Amazon. This time, I'm gluing a thick piece of wood just tall enough to shield the 2nd light. I just did a rough assembly with a piece of wood secured with tape to make sure nothing was blocking the function of the chrono and I had enough space to aim my shots. Testing went ok and everything looked good and I'm in the process of gluing and clamping the wood now.

After admiring my handiwork...LOL...it looks like I solved one problem and created 10 more. By aiming higher, I'm in danger of shooting the display and the electronics on top....LOL...might need to install thick plexiglass to protect the top portion of the chrono.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAMJET66
Hi Rich,

You must have got a bad one. I’ve had three different versions of this chrono through the years and all have worked great - they all still work.

I’d just have Amazon do a quick exchange and try another - it’s a really good chrono - and unbeatable for the money. I’ve had Caldwell and FX chronys - so I‘ve built my opinion on direct comparison to other popular chronographs.
I have a Lab Radar and a pro chronograph with the lights. I ordered this Chinese unit and made a mount that mounted on my bottle to shoot thru it. I was hoping it would work for just chrono. readings but it would not work. I removed it off the bottle and shot thru it off a tripod and it still didn't work. Threw in back I the box where it sits now. It's been to long to be replaced. Just chalked it up to Chinese junk.

FX has a new radar chrony coming out this year, fyi. Just unveiled at the Shot Show.

Screenshot_20230127_144227_YouTube.jpg

I bot this one recently. Checked it against a friends Air Chrony. They read very close to each other. I did notice the Air Chrony showed a lower SD and ES. The Air Chrony also was 4fps higher for the average but this was a very limited test of 10 shots over each Chrony.
Chrono
Looks just like mine🤪🤙
I love this little thing. Got tired of guessing🤷‍♂️🤣

Competition Electronics Pro Chrono with light kit and a Labradar with microphone for shot pick up. Both work well.
The only down side to the Lab Radar shooting a PCP is, if there are powder burners shooting near by or the wind is really blowing, the Mic used to detect the PCP will pick those up as shots. Not a really big deal but a pain when you are shooting a shot string for SD ECT..

Reactions: rcs9250
I have both the magnetospeed v3 and a labradar and can say without a doubt the labradar is the better chronograph for ranger days. It doesn’t affect harmonics or point of impact as well as given more useful information than almost all other chronographs. The big downfall is that it is bulky and takes up a lot of table space, so I actually end up using the V3 a lot more in practice just because the labradar is somewhat inconvenient. If you have a quiet range where you can take up some space, get the labradar. If you want compact, magnetospeed almost never lets me down on picking up shots and not being affected by other shooters.