N/A best caliber for a hw50s

I own a .20 I put an ARH kit in and it is very nice. That said I've not had the pleasure of shooting the flatter shooting .177. Ron I need to try your .177 to see what I'm missing.lol
Drop by and I'll let you shoot it😊 It's the one I'd keep if I could only have one. It does everything well. Luckily I can have more than one. My Hw30s are my favorite overall. That's because they're the most fun and easiest to use.

For a can crusher it is really hard to beat a .22 HW50S. Same trajectory as a HW30S but it hits like a freight train.
Not really, most 177 Hw30s preferred pellet is a 7.33 JSB. Usually about 700 FPS.

22 HW50s typically like FTTs best and they go about 600 FPS. That 100 FPS is a big difference in trajectory.

I sold my 22 HW50 because I had a hard time hitting spinners past 35 yards that I could easily hit at 50 yards with my 177 HW30. Both guns had the same front sight and rear peep sights. The difference was getting the hold over right. Some people are better at it than others.

If you shoot paper at the same distance all the time, it's a non issue. You adjust your zero. If you shoot targets at random distances the flatter 177 is easier to get right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frogy