Tuning best caliber for a 12-16 fpe springer?

When it comes to caliber choice between the 3. 177, 20, and 22, there is no question there are some differences in fps, and bc. How much 1 is better than another may be also in personal confidence. I catch more fish with lures that I have had success with before and consider tried and true, but that may mean my confidence in it results in more patience and small subtle differences I work into the presentation instilled by that in what I am doing. I would bet the same is at play here to some extent. If you are a major 20 cal fan, and firmly believe it and you together do everything better...it is likely to translate to better shooting. I am not that guy. For me .20 cal represents the v6 of the airgun world. Doesn't have the gas mileage of the 4cyl, or the towing power of the 8cyl...but it can do some of both if you want it to. Hate mail expected, do what ya got to.

I think this question is within the framework of the OP. I'm just getting back into ARs after a very long layoff. For shooting paper off a bench at known distance of 50 yards with wind 5-10 mph, and 10-15 mph is the slower, heavier .22 better to deal with winddrift than the faster, lighter .177. The "loopy" .22 isn't an issue, nor is the terminal FPE-just killing paper. Due to greater speed the .177 will be exposed to the wind less than the .22. On the other hand, the .22 has more mass to fight the wind. I'm not sure about the coefficient of each.

I think this question is within the framework of the OP. I'm just getting back into ARs after a very long layoff. For shooting paper off a bench at known distance of 50 yards with wind 5-10 mph, and 10-15 mph is the slower, heavier .22 better to deal with winddrift than the faster, lighter .177. The "loopy" .22 isn't an issue, nor is the terminal FPE-just killing paper. Due to greater speed the .177 will be exposed to the wind less than the .22. On the other hand, the .22 has more mass to fight the wind. I'm not sure about the coefficient of each.
It took me entirely to long to realize "AR" meant "air rifle" 😆 It finally clicked after the 3rd read through

Reactions: PEP3 and Hold_Over
PBR is Point Blank Range...the flatter your trajectory the wider is your PBR. What distances you can hold dead on without any holdover...
ok , i have always heard and was referenced PBR and point blank range = meaning like a belly gun , you hold it against the target and pull the trigger . so how do you get a "wider PBR " "He was shot at Point Blank Range , you see the powder burns ?"

Reactions: boscoebrea
Blondes, Redheads or Brunettes? It's personal preference there's arguments to be made for each caliber but it's kinda stupid to assert them. You're not changing anyone's mind. This is almost click bait.

As far as my personal preference goes, Redheads. Sorry I mean I prefer 700 to 900 fps. In reality most fall between 650 and 850 fps. Under 650 and they gotta go.

Blondes, Redheads or Brunettes? It's personal preference there's arguments to be made for each caliber but it's kinda stupid to assert them. You're not changing anyone's mind. This is almost click bait.

As far as my personal preference goes, Redheads. Sorry I mean I prefer 700 to 900 fps. In reality most fall between 650 and 850 fps. Under 650 and they gotta go.
For an old man, its all good: any size, any color.