"best" bullpup

In all our "best this" — "best that" statements, it seems few people are considering important a regulator that can be adjusted without degassing and taking the gun apart....

To me this IS rather important. And it limits my bullpup choices severely.

RTI (Prophet and Priest) is one of the few manufacturers that offers the ext. reg. option in their performance models. 👍🏼

Matthias

When a rifle is just that good you don't need adjustment readily available ;)

Screenshot_20220701-145152_FX Radar.jpg

Reactions: Senor Ramon
Yes ,Huben not perfect ,but hard to beat.
I agree, brother, it is the best. But far from perfect, a bit too far if you ask me.
That mag loading covers is just awful. It actually scuffs up the lugs when you're loading them. As if it's not bad enough that the mag is fixed. It's so bad, that one guy made and sells 3d printed covers that have a hinge like LCS one.
I mean, it's long, long overdue for the next version.
- fix the mag loading cover issue
- Bigger cylinder, maybe a bottle if they got any sense. That way I don't have to look down the barrel like and idiot to check pressure.
Those first two really are as easy as just deciding to do it. Shame on them for not doing them in the 2019, 20, 21, or 22 versions.
- Maybe a removable mag, maybe?
- Hopefully even more max power.
That would take it much closer to being flawless.

I mean... that's lobbyist level apologetics LOL. Seriously that string is crazy. But yes, it's just a rather big minus to not have outside accessibility to power adjustment.
I suppose that if you are a tinkerer its a big deal. I have 2 impacts on the way so I will figure out what thats all about but... to be able to pull a rifle out of its new packaging, mount a scope, zero within 5 shots without touching a thing not evening running patches through the new barrel... that says something... especially with that kind of consistency. I touched NOTHING to get that shot string. Just put ammo in and shot.

I suppose that if you are a tinkerer its a big deal. I have 2 impacts on the way so I will figure out what thats
Yes, brother, that screens hot of your is incredible. But I think you'll like the ability or tailor your power to the situation.
For example, we get some incredible pigeon invasions where I live. And it's a housing area so you can't be shooting at yours and your neighbors walls. With the Huben, within 30 seconds you could get your 18gr down to 300fps and pick those pigeons silently and without even a scratch to the houses' walls.

Reactions: Jimrogers
Yes, brother, that screens hot of your is incredible. But I think you'll like the ability or tailor your power to the situation.
For example, we get some incredible pigeon invasions where I live. And it's a housing area so you can't be shooting at yours and your neighbors walls. With the Huben, within 30 seconds you could get your 18gr down to 300fps and pick those pigeons silently and without even a scratch to the houses' walls.

Right now I am in the process of having a rifle for each occasion so that I do not have to tinker, I hate tinkering, I want to shoot. Grab the right tool for the job and shoot.
Its like having a swiss army knife for the screw driver when you could just have the actual screw driver, which will do the screw drivers job better?
Dropping down 300 FPS your zero would not be the same, too much hassle. Set 1 tool up for 1 job, another up for another, so on and so forth, grab and shoot.

Last edited:
Best is really sooooooo subjective, many Pups out there are really really well engineered,

.........If I was to buy a Pup it would be an Uragan.
I have a Uragan and really like it except for the weight. Shot count and accuracy are really good. I have not owned anything to judge against though. I very briefly owned a Wildcat M III but the tube air chamber and decreased shot count was a turn off for me. I may try that in the new bottle version one day but not today.

....that would be like calling my mechanic toolbox a collection of mechanics tools, when really it is just a toolbox filled with tools, each with their own special purpose. Same with rifles.
No man, that's taking the metaphore too far. You can only shoot with a gun. It's short range, long range, pesting, small game medium game... It's shooting. I wouldn't call an adjustable reg. Swiss army either. They're all "drills" hammer drill, drill press, normal drill. That's as far as you can take this analogy.