"best" bullpup

I don't care what you say the Huben K-1 is the BEST Bullpup hands down!

Ergonomics great!

Trigger is great!

Power adjustability is great! Has external Regulator. And has adjustable power wheel that you can adjust from 200fps- 1000fps+
NOTHING beats Huben so far, no? I wish they would just put a bottle or at least a much bigger cylinder on there, and maybe find a way to make the mag removable? maybe that last one is too much to ask but they're masters of precision machining. That would be an almost perfected bullpup.

I would not consider a Taipan due to the cocking lever placement although they do "read" a good fight.

I thought the same thing but I actually acquired one to see if it would be an issue instead of just blabbing about it. People will spend 3000 dollars on an impact setup to get mediocre consistency (once they start pushing the envelope with its capabilities) and long wait times for warranty work but will bitch about this lol

OP , I have had two taipans now and do not ever see my inventory not containing one , ever..... I can bash this thing off a tree, no change in POI, I can pull it out after a month, no change in POI, I don't worry about orings leaking, FPS change, nothing. Its truly in A LEAGUE OF ITS OWN.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing but I actually acquired one to see if it would be an issue instead of just blabbing about it. People will spend 3000 dollars on an impact setup to get mediocre consistency and long wait times for warranty work but will bitch about this lol

OP , I have had two taipans now and do not ever see my inventory not containing one , ever..... I can bash this thing off a tree, no change in POI, I can pull it out after a month, no change in POI, I don't worry about orings leaking, FPS change, nothing. Its truly in A LEAGUE OF ITS OWN.
Definitely not in a league of it's own. It's actually a very crowded league. I also had a very little known Evanix max air semi auto which was very accurate and as rugged as you mentioned when it came to POI. it's a lever cocked bullpup with normal sized cylinder, normal power and below average mag cap. IT's just very well built.

Last edited:
Well I have not shot a lot of the air rifles being suggested but I will offer another vote for the P35. At under $500 it is in a whole different price category but I love my 3, a 177, a 22, and a 25. I shoot from my left shoulder so the FX bullpups will not work, I did shoot one once and the magazine was squarely in my face. Not any fun. A Taipan would work from the magazine standpoint but not the cocking standpoint. Lever would be in my face. The P35 has a mid-lever and I believe it can be swapped to the other side if you want. I like it where it is, I use my right hand to cock it leaving my left on the grip.

The key advantage of the P35 (other than price) is weight. It is just a little over 5 lbs. The rear cocking P15 is under 5 lbs. 450mm barrel. Under 30 inches length. All 3 of mine will shoot MOA or better but my 22 has shot the smallest groups so far. I put three pellets through exactly the same hole at 25 yards. Several other 1/16 and 1/8th inch groups. It likes H&N Baracuda Match the best of any I've tried so far but JSB 18s shot as well at 25 yards (but not at 33).

With a hair curler mod of the shroud it needs no moderator. All of mine are well under 90 db a foot in front and a yard to the side of the muzzle. The 177 is about 82 and the 25 not much louder. The 22 is the loudest at around 85 db. I believe you can get an aftermarket adapter and add a moderator but why?

Other than the stock, my P35s are almost totally metal (unlike my Avenger). I have the triggers adjusted under 1 lb but I sometimes feel a tiny bit of creep. The first stage cannot be eliminated for the safety to work but it can be lightened to nearly nothing.

I'm sure the guns costing 3 to 4 times as much have advantages but I doubt they are more accurate than my 22. I am sure they will weigh more, like 2 to 3 lbs more. The P15/P35 are regulated but you have to take the end off the air tube to change the regulator. It is not as simple as my Avenger but it does not take long to do. It has no gauge for regulator pressure but it is not difficult to shoot over a chrony to see where velocity drops off. I'm getting ES in the low teens with SD under 5. They are nice shooting guns and you can have one in all three calibers for what a "high end" gun costs. I was thinking a Prophet might be my next airgun but after getting my P35-22 I'm not sure it wouldn't be redundant.

Hey Mike!
No, brother, a bullpup can be huge and long sniper rifle. I think what you meant is Compact carbines. Those are for combat in tight spaces. A bullpup is just a rifle where the trigger group is forward of the mag, it is made to put a long barrel relative to the overall size of the gun. could be a 12'' or a 30'' barrel. In airguns, Bullpups are especially useful because barrel length matter much more here.
LONG and huge...NO...NOT so much.
Look it up... Bullpups were "originally" designed for, as I said, close quarters combat, I had one of the earlier ones (mid 1980's), as delivered to California, to the general public, the Steyr AUG. THAT...sir is a true, one of the original..."bullpups", as designed...for close combat service !
They were originally designed and sold to the military a bit earlier than that, but not the public.

Just because a gun has the received behind the magazine, does NOT make it a bullpup ! It just makes the gun a rear, mounted receiver gun !

Mike

Definitely not in a league of it's own. It's actually a very crowded league. I also had a very little known Evanix max air semi auto which was very accurate and as rugged as you mentioned when it came to POI. it's a lever cocked bullpup with normal sized cylinder, normal power and below average mag cap. IT's just very well built.

In my opinion the Taipan definitely is in a league of its own, search for threads on issues that are not opinion related and actual issues with the rifles operation (leaks, jams (oh thats right you cant double load one) etc) , you won't find any.

Last edited:
In my opinion the Taipan definitely is in a league of its own, search for threads on issues that are not opinion related and actual issues with the rifles operation (leaks, jams (oh thats right you cant double load one) etc) , you won't find any.
Most modern ones have anti double feed mechanisms by the way. But fair enough. I will take your word for the uniqueness of it's reliability.

LONG and huge...NO...NOT so much.
Look it up... Bullpups were "originally" designed for, as I said, close quarters combat, I had one of the earlier ones (mid 1980's), as delivered to California, to the general public, the Steyr AUG. THAT...sir is a true, one of the original..."bullpups", as designed...for close combat service !
They were originally designed and sold to the military a bit earlier than that, but not the public.

Just because a gun has the received behind the magazine, does NOT make it a bullpup ! It just makes the gun a rear, mounted receiver gun !

Mike
The receiver behind the trigger is the only metric that makes a gun a bullpup, including handguns. This is something we cannot argue, brother. there are bullpups that are 1 meter long that shoot 50 BMG.
''Just because a gun has the received behind the magazine, does NOT make it a bullpup !'' Yes it absolutely does. When you make a statement like this, you must be called out. This literally the one and only thing that defines a bullpup. breech behind trigger.
We're supposedly here to learn from each other, not to be right. What you're doing now is you're arguing your wrong point and burying yourself deeper just to not say ''oh, ok I was wrong''.

Most modern ones have anti double feed mechanisms by the way. But fair enough. I will take your word for the uniqueness of it's reliability.

Thats not a true statement either, I have the flagship of one of the highest quality manufacturers on the market, no anti double feed, there are a ton out there that do not have it, hence why manufacturers use it as a marketing stand point because it is not a stander.

I do not like the location of the Taipan cocking lever. I don't even like the cocking lever on the right side of the gun. I am right handed so I can still hold on to the rifle by its grip and cock the gun with my left hand when it is on the left side. Except for the what I consider excessive weight my Uragan standard is a great gun. The only thing that piques my interest right now is maybe a Vulcan 3 even though it would weigh as much as the Uragan or a bottle Wildcat. I like the bottle guns for shot count.

I do not like the location of the Taipan cocking lever. I don't even like the cocking lever on the right side of the gun. I am right handed so I can still hold on to the rifle by its grip and cock the gun with my left hand when it is on the left side. Except for the what I consider excessive weight my Uragan standard is a great gun. The only thing that piques my interest right now is maybe a Vulcan 3 even though it would weigh as much as the Uragan or a bottle Wildcat. I like the bottle guns for shot count.

Taipan cocking lever is ambidextrous , can be moved to the left side...

Reactions: maxtrouble
I don't even like the cocking lever on the right side of the gun.
It is still behind your ear, which is my main complaint.

I was addressing the other complaint about it being on the right side as well. While I may be replying to you, I understand youve made your decision but theres more than just us viewing this thread so for the people wondering about the taipan a view point from someone whos actually shot and owned one or more is pretty pertinent.

In all our "best this" — "best that" statements, it seems few people are considering important a regulator that can be adjusted without degassing and taking the gun apart....

To me this IS rather important. And it limits my bullpup choices severely.

RTI (Prophet and Priest) is one of the few manufacturers that offers the ext. reg. option in their performance models. 👍🏼

Matthias

Reactions: douger