• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best budget 2000 psi rifle.

Hey guys. I am looking into getting a lightweight and super cheap pcp. I want one that fills at 2000 psi for ease of use and have been researching alot. Just wondering about your guys opinions. Im looking at qb chief, disco, and maximus. If you have any other ideas let me know but I was leaning towards the qb chief and learning how to polish the trigger. Thanks guys. 

Well another one to look at might be the Diana Stormrider it is a 2900 psi max fill but you only want to fill it to just a bit over 2400psi to be in the right place on the bell curve. It is a magazine fed gun instead of a single shot. It is also China made like the QB. Costs the same as the guns you are looking at. Knowing what I know now I would save another $100 and get a regulated gun like the Benjamin Fortitude or something similar there are several options in that price point. Although I really had a lot of fun with the multitude of Disco mods I did or am doing so it is all good.

... 2000 psi guns seem to be quite sufficient for my needs and lethally humane tools of extraction.... if i had to pump , it would be a game changer for certain - to keep from having fill to 250-300 bar in cases now with these russian guns..... idk how (if you have a 4500 psi tank) you would refill to 4350 psi (300 bar).....high pressure air, nitrogen, helium tanks and such that handle over 6000 psi come into a whole new level of expense and complications... BUT , raden , do you want to pump a footpump for the time being , or do you want (or have) a tank or even these little compressor items now or soon ?? i found that i have a really special first run walnut stock .22 disco. it'll out shoot some other non-regulated airguns that will warp your head as you attempt to reason paying so much. i was completely BENT to see the 'rare and specially gifted' american airgun outshoot some .177 daystate huntsamn classics that i sold for 13-15 hundred bux. each of those daystates had its own special and different 'birth certifacte' where you could see how different these "same case of guns" could be - even if assembled to be the same exact product. my point being , in 2009-2011 i found that once $700-800 price is passed , the things you get for your money really decline. that was where regulated guns began then - maybe $650... i also found that my closest online airgun buds abroad who DID have theoben rapids and such complained that it was just too perfect, too easy, and too 'everything positive'.... seems those a.z. theobens were almost $3K then. they sold these perfect airguns due to "lack of challenge". mark burt explained it best to me.... " smokin sparrows from 80 yards or more aint NOTHIN"... " the gun is already COMPLETELY silent - cant even here the lock mechanisms when trigger releases everything." ."......there's nothing more i can do - and it's boring. ive got too much tied up into it - i'm selling it." ....... i told mark , "it better hit that sparrows heart the moment i think it if i paid so much for a pellet gun....without even touching the air rifle ! --- hey , if you have the extra flow ($$$) , enjoy all you can , raden. my hunting buddy shot the rifling out of his disco barrel. was on the wait list for the unreleased mrods ( he went thru two mos of poop to accurize his .177 mrod that he intend for field target) ... then when his folks passed, he dropped $14-15K on well researched , high quality pcp products - gas powered daystate compressor and enough pellets to thrive during the apocolypse , or cold war or end of man/humanity scenario.. the discos arent as good today , but i can help you tinker , and as you go into pcp further, you'll understand most of the dynamics under 300 bar and ways to better harness it. that .22 fortitude has my desire, but that one flys best in pressures upward of 2400 psi... the 3000psi alum scuba tanks are $100 around here sometimes - and it's easier to find someone to fill to 3000 , than to 4500 (we have one or two places in all of ft.worth that will fill to 4500psi).....but that's another cool thing about 2000 psi discos - or try a .22 maximus hunter, man !! (use the discount and do it free shipping day and all that)..... i wanna try one .22 , myself. these have the 26" barrels made for the euro market - the extra 2" of barrel makes ease for silencer, which they really demand in brittian... the extra 2" for us would be slighty more power and accuracy. this is even more true with co2 - the longer the barrel , the more power is harnessed. the maximus/disco also use bulk-fill co2, and i use a 24oz pball tank to fill mine....gets so many shots like that, that you'll get bored with it..... 650 fps and many shots using co2..... crosman's barrels are said be better now, too. i just ordered an underlever piston gun, and i just stored a .177 bsa supersport in the box - i got it for $125 shipped. it takes me around 80 pumps with benji footpump to refill my disco from 1000-2000psi. maybe ten minutes, as i take breaks. i get 24 good shots around 845 fps with the 13.5 graun jsb pellets - and it'll group about the size of a nickle at 50 yards....but it took tuning, learning, and time.....i got it as a .177 for $185 shipped before mrods came out.. i just got it to resell it. ive sold the gun 3 times and it has come back my way when i didnt need cash badly.... like i said , it's a "special" disco. gnite... - paul. 

I hand pump all my PCPs some go to 3000psi,first got the Disco,shoots great,butt bad trigger,gets about 26 shots,the Gamo Urban in .22 I like better,gets a few more shoots,the rest are pistols,not forgetting the Hammerli 850,its a 90grm CO2 rifle= a lot of shots, accurate and with a simple trigger mod great shooter....oh yea, a newer Crosman Challenger,very nice,shots more shots per fill and very accurate....Fact ,if you get a good price I think that would be the one to get....All the rifles I mention are accurate,The Disco with dust collector is long,butt really quiet,the Urban is nice and easy to hold,louder ,butt, I still can shoot it in my backyard,the Challenger is very quiet....btw I am in Vallejo.

So rane ill pm you about your rediculously long rant 😜. As for the rest of you guys maybe I should explain a bit about my situation. I have plenty of 3000 psi airguns. I own a marauder ft in 177. A ring lock airforce condor in 25 and an extra 22 barrel both in 24in. I also have a talonp and I can use my dads gamo urban if i need to. I own a great white cf tank 88 or 98 cf i forget and i built a scott air 88cf tank as well. I also have a small backpack size 4500psi tank as well as a yong heng to fill it. Heres the problem. My yong heng broke last month. Its in pieces on my workbench right now and hopefully will be fixed soon thanks to a member here that gave me a free heng with a burnt motor for parts. Anyway I have been pumping with a 35 dollar hand pump from china with a good filter i built installed. Surprisingly it works quite well after a few tweeks. Anyway as you can see i have plenty 3000 psi options. I mainly wanted a 2000 psi fill gun for size and wieght, cheapness, and to be able to fill on a hunting trip from my small ninja bottle like 26 times. The gamo urban is super sweet and I love it but it fills about 8.5 times on my bottle. I want a knock around truck gun that cost me very little and that i can fill 26 times from a tiny bottle. That means no urban or stormrider or anything like that. I would consider the stormrider if i could source a cheap lighter hammer and springs are cheap so thats fine. But again i want to keep this as cheap as possible and treat it poorly. Just keep it in my car 100% of the time, throw it in the trunk, put backpacks on top of it. Have my daughter drop slurpees on it etc.... I dont need multishot but it would be cool. I heard qb chiefs are coming out in multishot and higher power soon but haven't heard anything else about it after i heard rick ustler make a short announcement about them. Thanks guys

I have a beeman qb chief in .22 cal and love that little rascal,born in 59 so i grew up shooting a lot of .22 bolt action both single shot and clip feed.This thing handles just like one of those old rifles.Its well built and strong and accurate but loud as hell. I have other pcps but this is my choice for walking the woods hunting small game,its feels so right.

wayne

crosman Maximus. Order on Friday, use code AGNATION (I think it still works). 2000 PSI Fill, good reviews. Trigger could use some help. single shot, but you can hand pump. Retails for $220, but with AGNATION code for 25% off (if it still works, and I'm pretty sure it does), combined with free shipping on Fridays, if they still do that, $165 to your door. Not bad for a PCP to hold you over till the Yong Heng gets fixed. 

Or, you could just take that money and buy another Yong Heng for about $215 on eBay (US Stock). That would hold you till the other gets fixed and is a backup. You can rotate, when one goes down, you just move to the other.

Choices, choices, choices

A member gave me a free yong heng with a burnt motor and i have oarts and seals from alibaba coming mid next month. I suspect i will have 1 if not 2 compressors running by next month. I know about the maximus deal but what keeps stopping me is the noise level. I know i can tko that badboy and throw a scope on but then im getting into more than i care to deal with. Thinking about the maximus euro and some 3 dollar rings from alibaba. Ranedouglas has been giving me some serious ideas about that gun. Mainly a stronger spring and wider tp then slap and old scope and donny on there. Ill have to sacrifice the open sights tho.