• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best big bore for deer ?

I've got a 45 caliber Texan and I've had it for about nine or 10 months now I did successfully take three white tails with it last year I shot for I did lose one of them I really just getting this thing figured out I'm currently shooting 3 inch groups at 125 yards and that's with a 300grain bullet producing over 400 foot pounds of energy does anybody think there's a better big bore out there excluding the customs of coarse ??

50 yrds???? Come on that's what my crossbow is for . I took 3 last year with .45 texa 3 were in the 70/75 yrd range I blew through 2 of them & none went more than 30 yrds but I did have 1 ,shot #4 run off with no sign of a hit . Not. Bad for initial season hunting with a big bore? This year there will be escapees. With more time behind the gun I'm much more confident. Anyway I'm shooting 2" groups at 100&3"@125 with big lead so I'm comfortable at these ranges

Texan, I wholeheartedly agree. I've heard she'll hit the market this fall. I too usually wait until the actual market has a say in the matter, but I kind of broke my own rule when I ordered the new RAW HMx .357 (130 ft-lbf regulated). There were no independent reviews at the time I ordered her. Some empirical evidence is trickling out now, but still no real reviews. But, RAW does have a reputation for quality and the new regulated .357 is based on the tried 'n true HM 1000x .357 platform. I just couldn't resist when I finally found a regulated platform with the power profile of a .22lr rimfire with a decent shot count!