• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Best Bench Rest

First I must say I could not make bipods work with my mind and for almost last two years I was shooting BR from a modded/and re-dressed tripods. But also I was eyeing the front rests and one-piece rests for long time, but somehow the end costs I could not justify.
Whatever Brand or no-Brand name rest I would buy still there was a bill of material needed to mount my FX Impact and make the guizmos work together.
Last winter decided making my own design, I made several concepts in my CAD. I was looking for machinists and McMaster hardware, collected quotes.
And ended up DIY. All the parts picked up from amazon, and costed me about $250 CAD in total, including my own 3d printed tricks.
Several revisions with 3d printed parts and my one-piece-rest works like a magic now.

20220326_213338.jpg

First I must say I could not make bipods work with my mind and for almost last two years I was shooting BR from a modded/and re-dressed tripods. But also I was eyeing the front rests and one-piece rests for long time, but somehow the end costs I could not justify.
Whatever Brand or no-Brand name rest I would buy still there was a bill of material needed to mount my FX Impact and make the guizmos work together.
Last winter decided making my own design, I made several concepts in my CAD. I was looking for machinists and McMaster hardware, collected quotes.
And ended up DIY. All the parts picked up from amazon, and costed me about $250 CAD in total, including my own 3d printed tricks.
Several revisions with 3d printed parts and my one-piece-rest works like a magic now.

View attachment 287869
Wow, looks like the only thing you missed was something to pull the trigger. :ROFLMAO:
Smitty