• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best bang for your buck Optics brand

efem09

Jun 16, 2017
MARS
My vote would be Arken Optics.

For the price point i don't think anything comes close, the warranty service is amazing. Great tracking, nice glass and also nice looks.

Before comparing optics, please dont compare high prices optics against mid priced optics. A fair comparison would be

Example:

Arken SH-4J 6-24X50FFP Vs Athlon Argos BTR GEN2 6-24X50

Discuss away!

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Leapers is of the bottom of the barrel followed by Centerpoint. I"ve had a couple of them and they can't come close to Arken. I would compare Arkens to mid range Athlons like Helos, Heras, or Midas. I know because I have those too. Yes, you can pick nits about cetain features and one Athlon may be better in some regard, but overall? For the money, Arkens are as good as those costing twice as much.

Leapers is of the bottom of the barrel followed by Centerpoint. I"ve had a couple of them and they can't come close to Arken. I would compare Arkens to mid range Athlons like Helos, Heras, or Midas. I know because I have those too. Yes, you can pick nits about cetain features and one Athlon may be better in some regard, but overall? For the money, Arkens are as good as those costing twice as much.

Valid point sir, i also think Athlon and Arken are the best optics you can buy at the moment for value. We as airgunners are spoiled with todays technology in the optics world.

I remember 10-15 years ago we were bombarded with Hawke and Leapers.

I'm hearing more and more about Primary arms, would you say its better than optisan or leapers?
%100

The Centerpoint I shared actually is quite good. I've had some bad center point scopes too. That particular one is quite good.

It's like any budget scope brand. Some models may be quite good while some of their others may not be, and price may not reflect any of that. Like the bad center point scope I had was like $200. Should have been maybe 50

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
%100

The Centerpoint I shared actually is quite good. I've had some bad center point scopes too. That particular one is quite good.

It's like any budget scope brand. Some models may be quite good while some of their others may not be, and price may not reflect any of that. Like the bad center point scope I had was like $200. Should have been maybe 50
I have one of those Centerpoint 3-12 side focus scopes, a really good scope for the money! I have one as a spare, and I’m always surprised at how good it is.

If you’re shooting benchrest, this scope takes the cake for bang for buck.

I bought my Athlon Midas Tac 6-24 for like $514 shipped, I’m pretty happy with that.

🤔🤔🤔 Well for $200 this scope for benchrest. I looked at few reviews everyone seems very pleased for the Money. I ordered one....
Screenshot_20231127_185816_OpticsPlanet.jpg

Reactions: bernieorosz
🤔🤔🤔 Well for $200 this scope for benchrest. I looked at few reviews everyone seems very pleased for the Money. I ordered one....
View attachment 410704
I hope you have better luck on having it ship than I am having with an Aim Sports Alpha 6 4.5-27 scope.

Cancelled my first order, then reordered a week later. They keep pushing the shipping date back by nearly one day as every day passes.

Noticed that the scope you ordered also has an availability/shipping date of 8-19 days... so I think you may be in the same boat.

Considering cancelling my order once again as my shipping date went from today to 12/11/2023 when I checked just now.

OpticsPlanet.com lost all of my business because of this BS. Even if they deliver before I cancel.

There is no excuse for this BS.

All my best!

Kerry

Reactions: Bud-sc
I hope you have better luck on having it ship than I am having with an Aim Sports Alpha 6 4.5-27 scope.

Cancelled my first order, then reordered a week later. They keep pushing the shipping date back by nearly one day as every day passes.

Noticed that the scope you ordered also has an availability/shipping date of 8-19 days... so I think you may be in the same boat.

Considering cancelling my order once again as my shipping date went from today to 12/11/2023 when I checked just now.

OpticsPlanet.com lost all of my business because of this BS. Even if they deliver before I cancel.

There is no excuse for this BS.

All my best!

Kerry
Yeah hopefully I get it soon....this scope is only a temporary until I sell off one of my Metal detector. One hobby supports the other.

Yeah hopefully I get it soon....this scope is only a temporary until I sell off one of my Metal detector. One hobby supports the other.
Keep me updated. I am about to cancel my order again and suck it up to pay more for what I really want... FFP higher than 34x with 10yards to infinity. (smile)

OpticsPlanet.com sucks.

All my best!

Kerry

Keep me updated. I am about to cancel my order again and suck it up to pay more for what I really want... FFP higher than 34x with 10yards to infinity. (smile)

OpticsPlanet.com sucks.

All my best!

Kerry
That's the best plan.

The problem is cheap scopes don't pull off high magnification well. Heck its even a problem with expensive scopes as far as dimming goes, however in the IQ there is a big difference.

Often I will sell some stuff to help finance the next step up. Been doing that my whole life and the result is I have some awesome higher end things that have often provided more smiles vs the previous whathaveyou.
But the problem is it gets to the point that I have to draw the line because the best of the best is too much of a financial sacrifice to justify.

Unfortunately I don't have a suggestion for you because I have that Vector 5-30 and other than the reticle and lighter weight it fails to impress. Recent example is my Ares ETR 10-60x56 which absolutely blows it away in every way except its not FFP.

The solution is to keep saving and or selling until you can get into the mid quality realm but 10Y focus starts to become a hurdle and limits your choices.

My choice/solution a decade ago was a S&B PM2 5-25x56 because of good everything and 10M focus. A lot more choices these days.

Best of luck to you!!!