Best Bang For The Buck $ 700.00 and Under FFP Scope ??

Id be better off buying the 34mm Athlon Ares ETR unbranded for a little more than that. Then I could sell them for $300 instead of $1199 and afford to do a one time warranty swap and toss in the trash for each and break even.

Huh?

Can you please explain “Athlon Ares ETR unbranded?”

False News, anti Athlon propaganda. 

Aztec Emerald,Meopta Optica6 and 3-14 Athlon Talos BTR. Sport Optics has a 16% off promo on the Meopta. The Talos is on my Taipan standard for squirrel hunting. The focus adjustment was tighter than any I have ever had,but by spending some time twisting it, it now is fine. I was just looking at a electric high line pole at 300+ with the Talos and the number on the pole is 155. It is as clear at the edge as it is in the center. If 14 max is good for what you intend it for you can't go wrong and it is only 300 clams. Gibson Rickenbaker,out? 

Hello -- 

New member here, first post.

Just dropped a USO TS-12X MHR onto my AF Talon P .25. I really like. Bright and clear edge to edge all the way up to 12X, Very compact, stylin on this AF pistol/carbine. It's mil/mil reticle and turret, and very repeatable for a dialer, but the reticle is my preference for holdovers when 6X and up...a little thin 6X and down under dimming light. No spherical or chromatic abberations, flat focusing, The side AO is accurate at airgun range, with focusing down to <~7 yards at low mag. No illumination. Might still be able to find one new for 435$US shipped.

1597313523_4020836925f3511f3d363e3.14970885.JPG

All the best -- Mark

Hello -- 

New member here, first post.

Just dropped a USO TS-12X MHR onto my AF Talon P .25. I really like. Bright and clear edge to edge all the way up to 12X, Very compact, stylin on this AF pistol/carbine. It's mil/mil reticle and turret, and very repeatable for a dialer, but the reticle is my preference for holdovers when 6X and up...a little thin 6X and down under dimming light. No spherical or chromatic abberations, flat focusing, The side AO is accurate at airgun range, with focusing down to <~7 yards at low mag. No illumination. Might still be able to find one new for 435$US shipped.

1597313523_4020836925f3511f3d363e3.14970885.JPG

All the best -- Mark

You should try the Vector Veyron SFP $132 and do a side by side comparison with the TS12.

WELCOME!

1597482357_8051975015f37a5756afae9.70147636.png
1597482357_13396590275f37a5758fcdb9.33405222.png

Yo

You should try the Vector Veyron SFP $132 and do a side by side comparison with the TS12.

WELCOME!

Thank you for the welcome!

The Veyron and the Discovery VT-3 are the siblings to the TS-12X (best I can tell), and would love to check them out side-by-side. However, US Optics has a public face, I can go on uTube and see their guys talking about their products. When I emailed them for the subtensioons of the MHR reticle, I got a response in a few hours. And the US-based, no questions, transferable warranty. So, lifting the veil of anonymity behind a product pushed me to US Optics. 

But the most exciting part is that all morning I been sitting on my 30-40-50-60 YD range dialing small groups up and down the lanes. I was unable to achieve that with the inexpensive Discovery VT-R 4-16x that was formerly mounted. So, this is well worth my purchase.

All the best,

Mark

Yo

WELCOME!

Thank you for the welcome!

The Veyron and the Discovery VT-3 are the siblings to the TS-12X (best I can tell), and would love to check them out side-by-side. However, US Optics has a public face, I can go on uTube and see their guys talking about their products. When I emailed them for the subtensioons of the MHR reticle, I got a response in a few hours. And the US-based, no questions, transferable warranty. So, lifting the veil of anonymity behind a product pushed me to US Optics. 

But the most exciting part is that all morning I been sitting on my 30-40-50-60 YD range dialing small groups up and down the lanes. I was unable to achieve that with the inexpensive Discovery VT-R 4-16x that was formerly mounted. So, this is well worth my purchase.

All the best,

Mark

Mark, doesn’t the TS-12 have Schott glass? I think that’s what I read...better glass I believe. Nice scope, just wish it had illumination...need it for pesting!

Mark, doesn’t the TS-12 have Schott glass? I think that’s what I read…better glass I believe. Nice scope, just wish it had illumination…need it for pesting!

I believe that is so. According to one review, Joe Rhea's mid-May review, the TS-12X is built around Schott glass. That was a box ticked when I saw his review then, just kinda forgot about that. The illuminated reticle in the previous Discovery scope never really got a lot of use, and was always complemented by a pic rail laser/light for illumination and some modest ranging at night. 

So following along through all of this. it seems the JSAR 4.5-27 is the favorite value FFP. Several posts seem to suggest SFP models. Am I missing something?

The $275 JSAR labeled 4.5-27x50 scope is a FFP with unknown warranty guarantee compared to the $229 AIM Sports Alpha6 4.5-27x50 SFP with LIFETIME Warranty with the company in California. I really prefer the AIM Sports Alpha6 SFP because of its perfect reticle. You see what I mean if you go with the JSAR or Vector Taurus instead at low magnification.

It may be a safer bet to buy the Vector Taurus 4-24x50 FFP that has a LIFETIME WARRANTY if you insist on needing a FFP that has glass almost as good as the Alpha6 which is slightly clearer than the JSAR too.

So following along through all of this. it seems the JSAR 4.5-27 is the favorite value FFP. Several posts seem to suggest SFP models. Am I missing something?

The $275 JSAR labeled 4.5-27x50 scope is a FFP with unknown warranty guarantee compared to the $229 AIM Sports Alpha6 4.5-27x50 SFP with LIFETIME Warranty with the company in California. I really prefer the AIM Sports Alpha6 SFP because of its perfect reticle. You see what I mean if you go with the JSAR or Vector Taurus instead at low magnification.

It may be a safer bet to buy the Vector Taurus 4-24x50 FFP that has a LIFETIME WARRANTY if you insist on needing a FFP that has glass almost as good as the Alpha6 which is slightly clearer than the JSAR too.

OK, I'm convinced. Maybe too ffp obsessed. I just ordered the $229 AIM Sports Alpha6 4.5-27x50 SFP with LIFETIME Warranty. I will follow-up........ Thanks

Mark, doesn’t the TS-12 have Schott glass? I think that’s what I read…better glass I believe. Nice scope, just wish it had illumination…need it for pesting!

I believe that is so. According to one review, Joe Rhea's mid-May review, the TS-12X is built around Schott glass...

I must correct myself. Aforementioned reviewer asserts glass as coming from Japan. My bad. Still, box ticked.