• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

best balance point for a air rifle.

For target shooting is there a balance you should shoot for in a pcp rifle? Or is it just up to how your style of shooting is? I see ...by-pods... set in different configurations. Some forward and some back. Does anyone weigh there guns and set them to a certain percentage? Is there a formula that I should be using. Or do you learn what is best for you? Or maybe I'm just thinking to much....again... : ) I would like to here from all of you and see... if or if not... you set your gun for a balance point.
Thanks Richard

I just go with the position and the bipod that I find most comfortable. Some guns like sandbags better than bipod. For instance my hatsan is rock steady and comfortable to shoot using a UTG bipod. The cricket doesnt do well with the UTG. It needs the Harris bipod where the legs swivel forward. The Vulcan is most steady for me using sandbags. To each his own I guess. I suggest you establish which position is more comfortable for you. Get a UTG or an Atlas Bipod both of which have the front leg swivel feature. And make yourself some sandbags. That way you are ready for anything. Here are some sandbags I made which work very well no matter where I am shooting or what height I need my gun to be at. http://airgunnation.dev/topic/pics-old-jeans-lazy-afternoon-awesome-sandbags/#post-34007

Richard,
I don't have a bipod but shoot several rifles on a front rest and a rear sandbag. Each rifle appears to have different balance point and so the rear bag position will be different with each rifle. With my Falcon light hunter, the bag is in front of the trigger, Marauder, under the trigger, and the Cricket behind the trigger. I would go with what feels right to you.

Doc