Best and most reliable semi auto for slugs and pellets

Reliability in a semi auto airgun? Is there such a thing?!! Lol - If the L2 has the Alpha Precision barrel, slugs are totally doable. AVS .254 dish in .25 or .3033 dish in .30. If you have an L2 with a LW barrel slugs just won’t be accurate enough for most peoples liking. However, pellets are wonderful out of the standard LW. But to do both it’s got to have the AP barrel. 

Also I have a friend that took his L2 and converted it to a FX 500mm barrel with STX 1:22 liner with the original aluminum shroud tucked under the CF valkyrie 15” Handguard with a Mod40 on it and it looked amazing, and yes it shots hybrids and pellets very well and it’s very quiet. I was very impressed.

The Huben can do slugs with a barrel change to an alpha precision from the standard Huben barrel. Kelly does that work when it is sent in or buy the conversion if your buddy buys new also. Plus the slugs stay tight in the rifled magazine. Huben has lots of power to get speed easily.

Also some people have had good success with AVS slugs in the LCS, but the trigger needs work for better accuracy and it can be a little heavy compared to the others.

In a couple months Steyr will be more available in the US also. 

The Huben can do slugs with a barrel change to an alpha precision from the standard Huben barrel. Kelly does that work when it is sent in or buy the conversion if your buddy buys new also. Plus the slugs stay tight in the rifled magazine. Huben has lots of power to get speed easily.

Also some people have had good success with AVS slugs in the LCS, but the trigger needs work for better accuracy and it can be a little heavy compared to the others.

In a couple months Steyr will be more available in the US also.

+1

As a lifelong bullet caster and 10 year cast bullet airgunner, I have learned that keeping the bullet diameter to .0005 over groove diameter in a unchoked barrel is the single very most important thing you can do.

This is due to the fact Airguns do not “bump up” projectiles upon firing as black and smokeless powders do. Slug from the chamber end with an oversized for barrel diameter slug it with pellet.

However most new slug shooters are either too lazy or ignorant of the process of properly slugging a barrel.

I seldom buy cast bullets, Unless I want to buy the mold, and have never tried AVS slugs, but the fact that AVS slugs are offered in .254 rather than the “one size fits all poorly .249”diameter offered by almost all slug makers is a Service that most 25 shooters should try.

The proof is in my 500/550/615 yard 9 year old utube video’s I made shooting 12 oz cola cans at those distances.

Regards,

Roachcreek*

The Huben can do slugs with a barrel change to an alpha precision from the standard Huben barrel. Kelly does that work when it is sent in or buy the conversion if your buddy buys new also. Plus the slugs stay tight in the rifled magazine. Huben has lots of power to get speed easily.

I was trying to get my own Huben K1 to shoot better last night by polishing and I have a bore scope, that thing need another barrel, never seen anything like that, the barrel of my Walther RM8 is a shinning star compared to the Huben 🙃

Last edited:
Check out the Evanix Raptor Semi Auto. Mag driven fires slugs or pellets, Unchoked barrel fires from an open bolt. The 25 cal is regulated and external power adjuster. Damn accurate at 65 yds with mine. Air driven and yes the mags are removable unlike K!1or LCS. I am getting 45shots on the reg.
That Raptor looks interesting but not yet in the market here in europe, but I guess its only a matter of time 😎👍

...In a couple months Steyr will be more available in the US also.
You seem to know something maybe a little secretive?

Inquiring minds want to know! I just ordered a pre-owned Pro X yesterday and would love to know if the guns & parts & accessories may become more well supported in the U.S.

(No knock against the current U.S. Steyr distributor - Pilkington Competition - as I have never used them. I hear that they are good to deal with, but a more complete web site would be really nice).

You seem to know something maybe a little secretive?

Inquiring minds want to know! I just ordered a pre-owned Pro X yesterday and would love to know if the guns & parts & accessories may become more well supported in the U.S.

(No knock against the current U.S. Steyr distributor - Pilkington Competition - as I have never used them. I hear that they are good to deal with, but a more complete web site would be really nice).
Yes, support, guns, parts, accessories more available in US. This is all I can say as I made a promise.

Here you go...

Screenshot_20220724-020114_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: