Other Best all around PCP

Ok so here it is. I just got into PCP air guns. I shot powder guns and hunted from the time I could follow my dad around in the woods hunting squirrels Rabit Deer Etc. In my early 40's I just got tired of it one day and quit for whatever reason. I quit shooting all together till one day I ran into a video of the Air Venturi Avenger by accident. It took me about a year to talk myself into it but finally did it and now I'm excited to get back into this. But and a big but I'm not overall crazy about the Avenger it's a "tinker's gun" I'm not into that I already have a buyer in mind so there's no issue there but now I need to replace it. I'm looking for a rifle that can do it all without a lot of fuss. Whether its just a day of shooting off the bench or hunting I want something that just works. I was considering the FX Impact but I see a lot of mixed emotions out of what's supposed to be the best air rifle ever made. I know I want .25 cal thats for sure and I know I am only worried about pellets not slugs because I will never use it to shoot anything bigger then a squirrel. I think $2500 will be my limit money wise want to see what the experienced experts say. Thanks.

Reactions: 17dean
Ok so here it is. I just got into PCP air guns. I shot powder guns and hunted from the time I could follow my dad around in the woods hunting squirrels Rabit Deer Etc. In my early 40's I just got tired of it one day and quit for whatever reason. I quit shooting all together till one day I ran into a video of the Air Venturi Avenger by accident. It took me about a year to talk myself into it but finally did it and now I'm excited to get back into this. But and a big but I'm not overall crazy about the Avenger it's a "tinker's gun" I'm not into that I already have a buyer in mind so there's no issue there but now I need to replace it. I'm looking for a rifle that can do it all without a lot of fuss. Whether its just a day of shooting off the bench or hunting I want something that just works. I was considering the FX Impact but I see a lot of mixed emotions out of what's supposed to be the best air rifle ever made. I know I want .25 cal thats for sure and I know I am only worried about pellets not slugs because I will never use it to shoot anything bigger then a squirrel. I think $2500 will be my limit money wise want to see what the experienced experts say. Thanks.
What distances do plan on shooting at, 50yards, 75yard etc?

FX Royale 500 in a full length rifle or a Taipan Veteran if you would rather have a bullpup configuration. Do your home work and check them both out...I own both platforms either one is solid as a rock...highly recommend. Good luck!
I agree!!! The Royale 500 is a superbly simple, accurate, consistent and QUIET shooter. No tinkering as it comes from the factory tuned & set to shoot JSB 25.39GR pellets. Due to the Original Smooth Twist barrel slugs are not an option but OST barrels are one of the best pellet barrels ever made! Traditional rifle styling, buttery smooth action, LOW maintenance (I NEED to clean mine about once a year! ) & rock solid dependability & repeatability makes it a great investment. Hard to find negative comments about this platform. I'm a no-tinkering guy. I just want to shoot & enjoy & my 500 NEVER let's me down, HONEST!
I'm shooting JSB Hades out of mine & the accuracy is SO satisfying. There's my 2 cents.

Reactions: RM100GUY and Ruzz
Your budget opens a few doors buying new.
(For just the rifle) you didn't say you air source... If that's covered that's great!
Squirrel hunting is my main use...for me as far as squirrels go, I'm a 22 guy... I have a 25 or two... But the 22 is my go-to. a 25 doesn't kill them anymore more dead.. rule of thumb " lead in the head is dead" period.. with the accuracy of a good pellet rifle head shots are not a issue.. a rifle...that's a tuff answer... No tinkering.. air and go..
With a $2500 budget
Air arms
Daystate
Brocock (no particular order)

In no particular order - RAW, Taipan, RTI, Edgun, Daystate, Brocock BRK Ghost's, FX Crown/Panthera, Air Arms, AAA Evol's, HW100s, Thomas...just to name a few....
What he’d said 👆, except I’d put BRK at the top. The Royale 500 is really nice but I’d go BRK for all around-perhaps the new Pathfinder or a preowned Safari, depending upon desired shot-count. I’m hardly an authority as I barely use them but they are so well engineered for reliability, accuracy and safety which is what I value most. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment given your choice.

Reactions: L.Leon
I don't know what happened there but I will keep it inside 100 yards max
If you could keep your shooting to 75yards, i would only drop the HW100 (low power and not available in 25cal) and the Daystate Huntsman, similarly low power - 38fpe in 25cal. Difficult cut, since both are great airguns, but, their power levels are low for hunting at 75yards. If you want 100yard capability then, IMHO , the question becomes much more difficult because accuracy at 100yard isn't easy. You will need to find the best pellet and velocity for 100yard for any airgun you buy. The 33.95gr JSB at 850 to 880fps would be a good option to start with. The FX(Crown & Panthera), Daystate (Wolverine R & Red Wolf) , and RAW should all do well with 33.95gr JSB pellets. I am not sure about the rest, but, you will need to adjust velocity to find the best fps for any pellet you test. That means buying a chrono, which aren't difficult to use. If you do buy the Panthera in 600mm or 700mm you will need to also buy the STX superior liner which is for pellets as the these two barrel lengths come with the STX superior heavy liner designed for slugs. Sorry, if I am making this seem complicated, but the more info you have the better choice you can make, along with keeping your expectations reasonable.

Reactions: EPG and Ruzz
If you could keep your shooting to 75yards, i would only drop the HW100 (low power and not available in 25cal) and the Daystate Huntsman, similarly low power - 38fpe in 25cal. Difficult cut, since both are great airguns, but, their power levels are low for hunting at 75yards. If you want 100yard capability then, IMHO , the question becomes much more difficult because accuracy at 100yard isn't easy. You will need to find the best pellet and velocity for 100yard for any airgun you buy. The 33.95gr JSB at 850 to 880fps would be a good option to start with. The FX(Crown & Panthera), Daystate (Wolverine R & Red Wolf) , and RAW should all do well with 33.95gr JSB pellets. I am not sure about the rest, but, you will need to adjust velocity to find the best fps for any pellet you test. That means buying a chrono, which aren't difficult to use. If you do buy the Panthera in 600mm or 700mm you will need to also buy the STX superior liner which is for pellets as the these two barrel lengths come with the STX superior heavy liner designed for slugs. Sorry, if I am making this seem complicated, but the more info you have the better choice you can make, along with keeping your expectations reasonable.
I have a pro Chorny DLX it was the second thing I bought when I decided to get into this so thats not an issue. The 33.95 JSB is what I wanted to use but the avenger didn't like it. It wanted the H&N barracuda at 30.89, so I have about 800 rounds of that laying around (lol my mistake) I absolutely want to put some lead out there. Over kill is underrated IMHO