• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best air rifle for deer hunting

Looking into buying a big bore air rifle for deer hunting. I'm looking to hunt in a semi-populated area and like something that would provide 2 or 3 shots on a tank of air and comes with a suppressor or can be easily added. In my state it must be .40 cal. or larger and I typically hunt with a .50 cal. black powder so something that would shoot that same slug would be ideal if possible.

Thank you for an advice!

cj

Looking into buying a big bore air rifle for deer hunting. I'm looking to hunt in a semi-populated area and like something that would provide 2 or 3 shots on a tank of air and comes with a suppressor or and can be easily added. In my state it must be .40 cal. or larger and I typically hunt with a .50 cal. black powder so something that would shoot that same slug would be ideal if possible.

Thank you for an advice!

cj

I suggest that you search threads in this hunting forum. There are several members in various states who have used big bore air rifles to hunt deer over several deer seasons. Some threads are replete with photos. To get you started pay attention to posts showcasing Airforce and AEA airguns, but there are other brands that produce quality or affordable guns that are fully capable of meeting some state requirements for taking deer with airguns.