• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I say be careful of the 4500 psi fill big bore AEA guns - quality control was not good on two guns I tried to own, which both ended up being returned. I ended up with a .25 carbine which is good enough. Semi auto mechanism jams occasionally however.

I think the simpler the better - a baseline 3500 psi bolt action is your safest bet.

And whatever gun you get make sure you get spare parts especially extra valve pins as they seem to be a common part to fail .

Last edited:
Reactions: SHOMER
For pesting and small game I we t with the aea hp max .30. An 80+ fpe hand cannon. 3600 psi fill jsb 44.7 @ 930 Ave fpe. Target @ 55 yds. Excellent truck gun
20220925_084229.jpg
20220925_085101.jpg
20221031_124507.jpg
20220927_162607.jpg
IMG_1004.jpg

I've owned 4 AEAs... Challenger SL 357, HP SS 30+, Terminator 30... they were all good in their own right but I sold those and now have a Challenger Pro 30.

This one really suits me a lot better. For target/bench shooting this is probably the "best AEA". 75 yard 9-shot group with JSBs tuned to 900-ish fps below. Shoots a variety of slugs extremely well also. This one's a keeper.

If I get another AEA, I wouldn't mind adding an Element to the collection for something easier to carry around. Or maybe a "cheapo" Challenger SL in 22 or 25 caliber.

Challenger-Pro_10-28-2022.jpg

Challenger-Pro_10-28-2022-9-shot-group.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I am glad someone asked this question, I have the Challenger LS .22 moved on to the HP SS Pistol .22 (wanted the Carbine but they were out of stock) was going to go to the HP Varmint in .22 but that was also sold out! Started to think about the FX Maverick Sniper in .22, But right now I am working on making this SS Pistol into a bolt action but I also am looking for a longer barrel and shroud then the 350cc tube with a reg or the 500cc bottle, But now thinking of selling my 2 AEA's and getting the Challenger Pro! Thank you for posting this.

I've owned 4 AEAs... Challenger SL 357, HP SS 30+, Terminator 30... they were all good in their own right but I sold those and now have a Challenger Pro 30.

This one really suits me a lot better. For target/bench shooting this is probably the "best AEA". 75 yard 9-shot group with JSBs tuned to 900-ish fps below. Shoots a variety of slugs extremely well also. This one's a keeper.

If I get another AEA, I wouldn't mind adding an Element to the collection for something easier to carry around. Or maybe a "cheapo" Challenger SL in 22 or 25 caliber.

View attachment 304839
View attachment 304840
God help me, I want a Challenger Pro regulated in .25, maybe .30 if I could get one for a steal.
I'm a recent right leg amputee and have Stage 5 kidney disease. I'm only 48 and financially poor due to my medical condition.
I'm selling a train set for $400 but that gun goes for $799. I need someone to Bless me to get one. It would be my only gun because I had to sell all my firearms to pay some bills.

I need to shoot to clear my mind of the hell I have, and am going through to say the least!

God help me, I want a Challenger Pro regulated in .25, maybe .30 if I could get one for a steal.
I'm a recent right leg amputee and have Stage 5 kidney disease. I'm only 48 and financially poor due to my medical condition.
I'm selling a train set for $400 but that gun goes for $799. I need someone to Bless me to get one. It would be my only gun because I had to sell all my firearms to pay some bills.

I need to shoot to clear my mind of the hell I have, and am going through to say the least!

Man that's a rough situation but I hope you draw close to God, knowing your days may be shortened here on Earth but looking forward to life eternal in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Here's an idea.... you can get a "regular" wood stock Challenger with a regulator kit installed for $419. I see BinTac and FoxAirPower are sold out of 30's but you can get 25 calibers. Maybe another retailer has a regulated 30 in stock, but I looked at them all I know right know and didn't see it. Might have to wait or grab the 25!

IMO it's the better deal anyway. Also a lighter gun with arguably better looks. Hope that helps!

Man that's a rough situation but I hope you draw close to God, knowing your days may be shortened here on Earth but looking forward to life eternal in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Here's an idea.... you can get a "regular" wood stock Challenger with a regulator kit installed for $419. I see BinTac and FoxAirPower are sold out of 30's but you can get 25 calibers. Maybe another retailer has a regulated 30 in stock, but I looked at them all I know right know and didn't see it. Might have to wait or grab the 25!

IMO it's the better deal anyway. Also a lighter gun with arguably better looks. Hope that helps!
Thank you for the kind words my friend! Thanks for the idea too. I am also close to God, I do pray that my life on Earth is not shortened by too much though, lol, but none of us know when our time here is up! I just want to enjoy the time I have with my family and just one quality Airgun to shoot 🙏

Good luck bud with your health. I can tell you from experience state of mind is very important. HARD to do but focus on glass being half full. Good thoughts can go a long way on how you feel. Shooting has helped me forget about my aches and pains and limitations.

I have two AEA's a 25 carbine and 30 Terminator. The carbine is my favorite rifle. You can pick these up used for around $400 or so. Check the different forum classifieds, buying off of members works for me.

Jim

Reactions: Nubgunner
Good luck bud with your health. I can tell you from experience state of mind is very important. HARD to do but focus on glass being half full. Good thoughts can go a long way on how you feel. Shooting has helped me forget about my aches and pains and limitations.

I have two AEA's a 25 carbine and 30 Terminator. The carbine is my favorite rifle. You can pick these up used for around $400 or so. Check the different forum classifieds, buying off of members works for me.

Jim
That's exactly why I need a quality PCP like the AEA . I LOVE shooting, it clears my mind and relaxes me like nothing else can! I had to sell all my firearms to pay some bills. Now I own nothing to shoot but I don't want just anything. I want an Airgun that I can own and enjoy for many years.
I know it will happen when the time is right!

I set the regulator on my Challenger Pro 30 to 2900 psi and put in the "high power spring" and boy it's kickin' now!

970 fps with 61.5 grain NSA 303s... 129 fpe or so. I guess I'm only getting about 2 magazines (18) on the regulator now, but that'll do.
Doesn't the high power spring come pre installed in the Challenger Pro?

Kinda like FX, no? Just a lot more money.
Send me a link to barrels... Top rails? Hammer springs? Gasket kits? Transfer ports?

Oh that's right.. you can only get the one part that breaks on a weekly basis.. a valve pin

They are innovative.. I'll give them that. But they have zero support for their junk. And now every rifle they release is getting well into FX territory and still less reliable *cough s45 cough*. Hard pass

Last edited:
Send me a link to barrels... Top rails? Hammer springs? Gasket kits? Transfer ports?

Oh that's right.. you can only get the one part that breaks on a weekly basis.. a valve pin

They are innovative.. I'll give that that. But they have zero support for their junk. And now every rifle they release is getting well into FX territory and still less reliable *cough s45 cough*. Hard pass

🤣

Reactions: Scotty1