• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best 6-24x scope in the 300-400USD price range

Just me, but after going through a number of different brands and powers of scopes I changed out my airguns to Hawke Sidewinders. Price for the 24 and 32 power are almost the same. I went with the 32 and just turn it down. I have a boss also and it's a great combo. Optics are as clear as scopes I have that cost 3 times as much.

Reactions: Steyr
Personally, if you really want max 24x, then I would get scondhand elite 4200 6-24x40 mildot. This has very good optics, AO starting 9meters, and relative low weight with 595 grams.
But for me, best allround is elite 6500 2.5-16x42. Again very good optics, sideparallax from 9 meters, and lightweight 492 grams.
I dont like the hawks much, due to optics which may be good or not , dpends on your luck, but never as good as the elites, and they weigh much more... Ofcourse they are sold by the hundreds, and many people rave about them, so i am prolly wrong....

just my 2 cents

regards, Mike

Surprised no one has mention the Aeon scopes. Excellent value .
And do note Bushnell does not recommend their scopes for airgun use ( yes folks pre-charged airguns included) and will not honor any warranty - perhaps it's worse if they don't have a replacement sitting?- if you say it was on an airgun even if it was defective day one. That said if you buy a good used Bushnell and put it on a pre-charged it should last forever but if you want a warranty pick something else. They can be excellent scopes tho.

John

"spysir" Surprised no one has mention the Aeon scopes. Excellent value .
And do note Bushnell does not recommend their scopes for airgun use ( yes folks pre-charged airguns included) and will not honor any warranty - perhaps it's worse if they don't have a replacement sitting?- if you say it was on an airgun even if it was defective day one. That said if you buy a good used Bushnell and put it on a pre-charged it should last forever but if you want a warranty pick something else. They can be excellent scopes tho.

John
"We are sorry, but we cannot authorize a warranty repair on this scope. According to our tests this scope has never been subjected to recoil and therefor all manufacture's warranties are void. Have a nice day."