• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Best 30mm Moderators?

I highly recommend the Huma-Air MOD30. I have several and they work better than any of the others I have tried. If you can find the older version with the kevlar wrapped baffles, I feel they are better than the new model. Try Jeff at Trenier Outdoors, he sells them and may still have some of the older version in stock.

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
Looking for a 30mm moderator around 5-6.5". What are some of the best ones to go with? I'm leaning Huma Mod 30 Compact. DonnyFL Ryu sounds cool but not sure it's worth the extra money. Wonder if anyone else has better experiences with others in that size range.
I just ordered a Behemoth from Edgun for my .30 Sidewinder. I will post more after I install it.

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
I have a DonnyFL Ryu and Sumo, both in .22. I purchased an extra baffle for the Ryu which quieted the noise by about 1.5-2 dB. The Sumo is about 1 dB quieter than my Ryu, but the Sumo has a much more pronounced Ping to it whereas the Ryu is definitely softer sounding. I prefer the Ryu. I’m going to try the DonnyFL Yokozuna as well.

I have a Yokozuna on an RTI P1 Compact that I really like.. The multiple sections let you tune for sound and OAL length. If you have a.22 get the.22. Don’t go up a caliber as there’s no clipping..at least not on my RTI. You can even add felt or other sound deadening material to further tune to your ear.

The Ryu 30mm would probably work in a similar fashion for your Vet.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I have a Yokozuna on an RTI P1 Compact that I really like.. The multiple sections let you tune for sound and OAL length. If you have a.22 get the.22. Don’t go up a caliber as there’s no clipping..at least not on my RTI. You can even add felt or other sound deadening material to further tune to your ear.

The Ryu 30mm would probably work in a similar fashion for your Vet.
I've experienced the same results with DonnyFL moderators... no clipping when using the same size moderator as airgun caliber. I have an FX Impact M3.

Installed the Edgun Behemoth on my full size .30cal Sidewinder tonight. What a dramatic improvement.! Ordered one extra baffle for it. Even without the extra piece it was quiet. I used a very unscientific iPhone app to measure the sound.
Results at about 880fps with my wife recording next to me shooting.
Factory 106db
Behemoth 96.5db
Behemoth with extra baffle 93.9db

Installed the Edgun Behemoth on my full size .30cal Sidewinder tonight. What a dramatic improvement.! Ordered one extra baffle for it. Even without the extra piece it was quiet. I used a very unscientific iPhone app to measure the sound.
Results at about 880fps with my wife recording next to me shooting.
Factory 106db
Behemoth 96.5db
Behemoth with extra baffle 93.9db
Good to hear