• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best .30 cal pellet for expansion

Hi guys, At 4 am I checked for skunks in the back yard and saw another big one in a stand off with a large coyote! Really amazed me how bold the skunk was, totally held his ground and the coyote backed off. Anyway I just ordered the 600 mm .30 barrel for my Crown and I’m looking for the best pellet to use for skunk, raccoon and coyote. The poly mags don’t fit in the magazine, has anyone ever used them with the tips pulled out? I’ve lost my cats to the coyotes, and I want to anchor the skunks with heart shots so I get less spray and they don’t get under the shop. The .30 cal should get the job done, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks 

Thanks guys, I’ll try pulling the tips out for the Hollowpoint effect. I did it with the .25 poly mags and the tips come out easy, I gripped the tip with nail clippers and pulled. They were very accurate at 20 yards too and that’s all I need. I’ll post about the first .30 skunk kill as soon as it happens. Thanks again for the pellet information. Dave 

Never owned An FX till recently so I never followed much FX chat. Does anyone know if a polymag will fit in a Wildcat mag? Just got one in a 30 cal. 

From 177 on up to 25 in my break barrels and PCP guns all I ever shoot are the crow magnum hollow points and the Barracuda Hunter extremes. I’ve questioned in the past if H&N or anyone else would come out with a hollow point style in a 30 cal.

What would be sweet is to come out with a Barracuda Hunter extremes close to the grain weights of the typical 44.75 grain JSB or Vortex pellets.