• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Best .22 PCP under $500. Your opinion goes here 👇

The new Avenger looks very promising but from the under 500.00 guns i own i would pick the Urban.

Pinpoint accuracy,lightweight,reliable,not pellet fusy.

Every time i take it out it hits exactly where pointed,really great little gun for 300 bucks.

I’ll second the Urban, ready to go “out the box” can be easily pumped up to 2900-3000 psi with a pump. 25-30 good hunting shots out to 50 yards. No need to mod, just shoot it as is. The only thing I did to mine was loosen the barrel band screw. Good luck!

Love the comments y’all! I’m not looking for anything specific. Mostly knowledge. I am liking the marauder though! So if I understand it’s bolt action with a semi-auto feature? And it has a regulator?? How adjustable is this dude?

No, currently it is not semi auto but there is a “new” marauder that is coming out that will be semi auto. 

I personally wouldn't go all in on a new semi automatic marauder, to many moving parts, I would have to hold off until they are proven, as too much can go wrong, especially at around $700.

So sticking with the original $500 gun, I would choose Kral over Mrod every day, and I love my Mrod..but I have had to spend enough $$ for 3 Mrods to get it to where I love it.

When its said there are plenty of vendors selling mods for the Mrod, this means unless you are a machinist level DIY guy, you have to buy add ons.

With the Kral platform, it a 1000 times easier to work on than the Mrod.

I'll say it again, 1000 times easier to work on than the Mrod.

With a few Simple modifications that anyone with a power drill can do, springs that can readily be found, you can get more out of it with the most investment being Your time, no real additional money going in and buying a bunch of bolt on performance items.

But out of the box, you're getting better performance than the Mrod, high shot count, and a barrel that is good.

And while all Kral things I mentioned apply to the Puncher Breaker, the NP-03 is even easier to work, and is very hand pump friendly since the air cylinder is smaller.

Some people don't like bullpups, thus they decide in going Mrod, but why choose a big long heavy gun, when you can choose a true carbine, unless you're just into heavy assed air guns.

Gonna get flak for this I know...

Hatsan Bullboss or At-44

I have a pretty fair collection of PCP airguns and still shoot my Bullboss and AT-44 regularly.

Great power, trigger can be adjusted to whatever ya want it to be, easy to tune etc.

Yeah the Mrod is where most of us started but don't be scared of Hatsan....

I agree totally. When the Avenger 25 comes out things may change.