Best 177 hunting pellets.

Speaking of hydrostatic shock. I am about to get some 22mag or 22lr blanks and put them in my cz 455. I will make a post when I get my hands on some but my idea is to shoot a piece of meat with a pellet traveling over 2500 fps. I don't know how fast the 22 mag will be but I'm guessing over 3000 fps. Anyway I suspect it will explode and tear itself apart. Im just super bored these days. 

I found that JSB exact monster diabolo in 13.43gr have worked best for me, I get less pass through with them then lighter pellets that I have tried. I will say that I did have good luck with Gamo rockets and red fire(the poor mans polymag) the red fire did mushroom when they didn't pass thru but accuracy was not very good. Once I tried the JSB 10.43gr I never went back to any of the other pellets I had tried. I find them to shoot very accurate and much harder hitting and have used them on birds squirrel chipmunk raccoon . Shot placement is far more important then type of pellet and since every gun shoots different I would go with what shoots best out of your gun. 

Shot placement and accuracy. The pellet that is most accurate in your gun is your answer.

Ditto. 

I don't think vermin can tell what shape the pellet was they instantly just switched off it's brain box 🧠 or even cal for that matter, it doesn't matter how big the hole is, it's still a hole in the head. 

Speaking from the UK where we do not have vast amounts of power at are finger tips and all shots are head shots because of that reason, I'm not jealous honestly. 

Thanks 👍 

I do most of my squirrel hunting with a 12fpe .177 HW77K. I shoot hard Crosman Premiers out of it. Same as I use for field target. 

At 35 yards, it will leave the pellet hanging just under the skin on a big boar fox squirrel on a heart lung shot. That's hitting at about 8fpe. They fall dead, right there. The pellet is not mushroomed, but it is deformed. 

To me, I don't see it getting any better than that. That's all energy dumped, as much penetration as possible. 

I've been doing it this way for a couple decades now, shot all kinds of pellets, and can say that in my opinion, on a good shot it doesn't make a poops worth of difference what the pellet is. And on a bad shot, an expanding pellet won't save it. It's just a bad shot. 

Domed pellets almost always shoot flatter from their better BC than flat nosed, hollowpoint, or polymags. This makes it easier to hit what you are aiming at. 

And really at the end of the day, hitting where you are aiming is what makes clean kills.