Benji Marauder Mods

Hello All

I have a new Marauder and am interested in what others are doing to their rifles for modifications/adjustments. As of now, I am shooting everything stock and am happy. I see lots of information about HDD (Hammer De-Bouncing Devices) and Compensators. I'm totally happy with the sound of my gun. If I can do a simple HDD mod to get more shots and be more consistent, then I will definitely do it. My initial research has shown me that the TSS is the current "norm" for stopping the hammer bounce. Anyone have any info to add? How about a regulator?

just to throw it out there .. one of the best things that can be done for the marauder is simply get to know it .. both (unregulated anyway) mrods i have have a very specific pressure range they are most consistent at .. i sacrifice lots of shots to stay smack dab in the middle of that range .. anyway, before i modded anything i would have a chronograph myself and actually tune it after the mods, i actually have a modded transfer port and a couple things to put the prod on steroids, but, i know it will likely take some time and work with the chrono to get it back to a sweet spot im familiar with like it is now stock .. .. so hammer depingers meh, for more shots .. meh .. maybe it would increase my usable shots but i dont need them .. seems to me a giant air tank sittin on the bench next to me would be better lol ..

I put a Tim Hill high output valve with the recommended spring into mine. I then ported the transfer port and barrel out. After some testing I had to drop weight on my hammer considerably down to the 50 gram area... I would get a different hammer if doing it over again. Before mods the best I could get from the gun was 16 consistent shots from 850 up to 860 and back to 850 with 25gr pellets. I can now get 40 shots from 900 to 910 back to 900 with the same pellet. Totally worth the investment.

Reactions: moodyblues
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Since you asked I will tell you what I did to mine after accuracy started to fall off. I put blue loctite on the threads of the striker after I found exactly where I wanted to set it. They have a tendency to rotate after use. I also loosened my shroud just slightly and put an oring between the shroud and band. The shroud and oring eliminated a problem of poi changes due to temp changes.

dizzums has it nailed: spend some time with it FIRST. Find out its quirks, what its strengths and weaknesses are. Couple three tins should get ya pointed in that direction.... :)

Mods? work the tirgger a little bit, polish the "raceway" the hammer runs in, and the hammer itself.. or get the lightwieght one as mentioned. A regulator does a lot, especialy with the lightweight hammer.

IMO the Marauder will respond well to simple tweaks, but be advised it's REAL easy (dont ask how I know this....) to over do it.

I am mostly-satisfied with my gun. I have shot some nice groups with it. But, sometimes it shoots terrible patterns. I watch a bunch of videos from other shooters using the same weapon and their seems to be consistently out performing mine. Makes me question if everything is working properly. According to many, I will have to buy a chronograph to know for sure. I can say that the 10-20 yard shots are spectacular. But the 30 yards is just good. 35 yards starts the "not accurate" and 50 yards is really inconsistent. I was all over the page. I see people shooting 50 yards and they are making some great patterns. I expected mine to be like that too.

I put in an altaros regulator , then a heavy hammer spring in my 177. It's throwing out some heat, consistently. I also got one of those Boyd stocks. That's my mods. I have used Hill Airgun hammer with peek. It's good

IMG_20210121_153941.1615612276.jpg

I am mostly-satisfied with my gun. I have shot some nice groups with it. But, sometimes it shoots terrible patterns. I watch a bunch of videos from other shooters using the same weapon and their seems to be consistently out performing mine. Makes me question if everything is working properly. According to many, I will have to buy a chronograph to know for sure. I can say that the 10-20 yard shots are spectacular. But the 30 yards is just good. 35 yards starts the "not accurate" and 50 yards is really inconsistent. I was all over the page. I see people shooting 50 yards and they are making some great patterns. I expected mine to be like that too.
Record your factory settings before adjusting anything so you can return to them should your tune stink. Mine loves JSB Kings, the go to pellet for marauders in .25. You gotta have a crony to effectively tune an air gun. If the guns accuracy drops off you might need to pull a few patches down the bbl. As far as mods I put a depinger in the air reservoir and did the B Staley O ring mod to flatten the shot string in my Gen 1. It will soon get a reduced power tune for H&N field target pellets 20 gr for a stealth back yard hunter.

Last edited: