• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Benjamin Traveler Portable Compressor

"innovative design" sure doesn't look like that.
" repackaged cheap Chinese suppressor" doesn't look like one of those either-suppressor-, hey just playing with the spelling, it may well resemble a repackaged Chinese compressor.

Naturally we wont really know all until members get a few but it certainly does look a lot like the snowpeak ( I believe ) unit mroda tried selling a while back. His was not too good, but, one might think as just a small; garage he got whatever they had to sell at low cost and Crosman - if it is the same- may well have examined one requested improvements and then had to made/shipped. A fairly common occurrence with out sourcing in the airgun world these days.

To me the biggest question would be............................... Warranty !
\And who handles it!

IF crosman handles warranty in house it may be worth it, if it is handles like when the "Benjamin" hand pump cane out and if you had any problem "Sun " ( I believe it was/is ) was supposed to handle warranty but little things like using Motor Oil in their rebuild and telling folks at home to do the same somewhat soured me dealing with them.

Another post with some info maybe

http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/crosman-compressor/

John

"spysir""innovative design" sure doesn't look like that.
" repackaged cheap Chinese suppressor" doesn't look like one of those either-suppressor-, hey just playing with the spelling, it may well resemble a repackaged Chinese compressor.
Naturally we wont really know all until members get a few but it certainly does look a lot like the snowpeak ( I believe ) unit mroda tried selling a while back. His was not too good, but, one might think as just a small; garage he got whatever they had to sell at low cost and Crosman - if it is the same- may well have examined one requested improvements and then had to made/shipped. A fairly common occurrence with out sourcing in the airgun world these days.
To me the biggest question would be............................... Warranty !
\And who handles it!
IF crosman handles warranty in house it may be worth it, if it is handles like when the "Benjamin" hand pump cane out and if you had any problem "Sun " ( I believe it was/is ) was supposed to handle warranty but little things like using Motor Oil in their rebuild and telling folks at home to do the same somewhat soured me dealing with them.
Another post with some info maybe
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/crosman-compressor/
John

What do you mean by " His was not too good and was being sold awhile back ?" Its being sold by Mrodair now and what examples do you have that it was not too good? What does that mean ? Did you have personal experiences with it or someone you know directly had issues with theirs ? If you don't then you should refrain from saying unsubstantiated stuff to guys that are interested in this compressor. If you have examples of it being crappy please tell us because I'm curious if its worth it just to fill my rifles or wait for something else. Thanks

"spysir"Stoney
No I wont deal with n
"mrodaair" Mike.
TOO MANY people just left hanging by him for me to take a chance on.
WARRANTY :
https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=138347.0
If you really want first hand reviews ( well you wont find TOO many ) just jump on , your, favorite airgun forum & search.
John
I agree with you about Mrodair.com and staying far away from them (Mike). I was wondering if you had personal experience with that exact compressor. If you don't then why are you stating that this compressor was bad ? Provide examples to back your statements so we as interested parties can then make an educated choice based on facts. Pet peeve of mind and don't mean to offend .