• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

benjamin trail xl-cleaning

Should be receiveing my trail xl tomorrow havent ever cleaned any pellet guns before want to be a little more serious how often should i clean couple hundred ,thousands rounds any i deers out there in are new air gun nation.P.S.cleaning smokeless guns my hole life any tricksfor air guns.thanks for any advice

What i do is i clean the gun thoroughly first thing. which means taking it out of the stock oiling things down wiping it down ect. cleaning the barrel i use a weed wacker line that is sharpend on one end and then i use a match to make the other end blunt. what this does is makes it wear you can peirce the cleaning patch on the sharp end and then slide the patch down to the blunt end where it will hold it then you just run it through the barrel until the patches start coming out clean. I thoroughly clean the gun about once a year and i clean the barrel when i notice an affect in accuracy. hope this helps you out a little,
Leo. :)

Keep the metal lightly oiled, and consider storing it with a dessicant pack. My XL1100 started developing pinpoint rust spots after only a few months. When I searched for why my gun was rusting, I learned that plastic and foam gun cases have a reputation for retaining moisture and promoting rust. I don't have a gun cabinet, so now I just keep the lid of the case propped open a bit.