• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Benjamin Titan NP .22Accuracy Problems

I have a benjamin titan .22 and i group at 15 yards at 1-1.5ft i tried different pellets tightening stock and scope screws, artillery hold and have shot 600-700 pellets well past the break in period. it recently broke and im.waiting to recieve a replacement. i have a stoeger x10 and today shot 10 rounds at 25 yards. 9 of them grouped within a penny size and had.one flyer. how can i improve my accuracy on my soon replacement? also anyone else have this problem?

imagejpeg
stoeger x10 10.5grain .177 crossman domes
25 yards
imagejpeg

benjamin titan np .22 HN barracuda/crossman dome 14.3 grain/ benjamin hollow.points 14.3 at 15 yards

Ive tried 5 pellet types, crossman dome 14.3, HN baracuda 19, crossman hollows 14.3, benjamin hollow 14.3, and jsb exact18 grain after 54$ i cant spend anymore and have aeen no improvement. i know gas and springers are pellet fussy but usually that means bring a froup of 2-3 inches to 1. when i shoot i miss the paper often.

I am having the same problem with a Benjamin NP trail XL 1000. I am on my third rifle trying to get one to shot. The second one was shipped with a dry piston as I figured out. On a chronograph it shot from 660fps to 880fps with 14.3 gr Crosman Primers. The one I'm braking in now has 200 rounds through it and is grouping the same as the second one did after 600 round. Yet my 1984 RWS Diana 45 .177 that I bought new in 1984 will do paint balls off gulf tie at 25 yards all day long. 

Exactly ive heard people say im just a terrible shot which makes me infuriated im not a sniper but im definitely more capable than this rifle allowsme to be. Im disappointed to hear this about a high end trail. i was open to trying one but i hear more and more of poor accuracy i think ill just stay away from benjamin until i can afford a PCP rfle.

A lot of folks here seem to like their Benji/Crosman nitro piston rifles. I have only had experience with one example, a Titan GP that I got for a friend. I was impressed with how well it grouped with cheap Crosman hollow points. After less than two tins of pellets though it was spraying like shotgun! The plastic breech washers at the barrel pivot were so worn you could wiggle the barrel an inch or more from side to side. I got some brass replacement washers and tightened things up and that helped but the accuracy was never even close to what it had been.